Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 27, 2013
The box office success of the ongoing “Fast & Furious” franchise is a marvel of modern Hollywood marketing — identifying an audience and giving them what they want. These are heist pictures, bordering on caper comedies (Tyrese Gibson gets most … Continue reading
She made a great impression, sort of all at once, this year with “Oblivion” and “Disconnect,” “Welcome to the Punch” next month’s “Shadow Dancer.” Andrea Riseborough, 31, first got most people over here’s attention as Wallis Simpson in Madonna’s “W.E.,” … Continue reading
Back in 2011, Hollywood thought things were pretty when the collection of movies in theaters managed a whopping $276 million over the course of the weekend. But that fell by the boards as “Fast & Furious 6,” “Hangover 3” and … Continue reading
And that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Ron Howard’s Formula One bio-pick about the rivalry between James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth) and Nikki Lauda (Daniel Bruhl) promises speed, death and sex. Because Olivia Wilde’s in it. “Rush” opens in September. Will … Continue reading
Movies!, a new broadcast source for free movies for the cheapskates among us, goes live Memorial Day on the digital subcarriers of assorted Fox affiliates associated stations nationwide. What time? They won’t say. It’s Memorial Day, 8 am, and they’re … Continue reading