Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 27, 2013
The box office success of the ongoing “Fast & Furious” franchise is a marvel of modern Hollywood marketing — identifying an audience and giving them what they want. These are heist pictures, bordering on caper comedies (Tyrese Gibson gets most … Continue reading
She made a great impression, sort of all at once, this year with “Oblivion” and “Disconnect,” “Welcome to the Punch” next month’s “Shadow Dancer.” Andrea Riseborough, 31, first got most people over here’s attention as Wallis Simpson in Madonna’s “W.E.,” … Continue reading
Back in 2011, Hollywood thought things were pretty when the collection of movies in theaters managed a whopping $276 million over the course of the weekend. But that fell by the boards as “Fast & Furious 6,” “Hangover 3” and … Continue reading
And that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Ron Howard’s Formula One bio-pick about the rivalry between James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth) and Nikki Lauda (Daniel Bruhl) promises speed, death and sex. Because Olivia Wilde’s in it. “Rush” opens in September. Will … Continue reading
Movies!, a new broadcast source for free movies for the cheapskates among us, goes live Memorial Day on the digital subcarriers of assorted Fox affiliates associated stations nationwide. What time? They won’t say. It’s Memorial Day, 8 am, and they’re … Continue reading