Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 27, 2013
The box office success of the ongoing “Fast & Furious” franchise is a marvel of modern Hollywood marketing — identifying an audience and giving them what they want. These are heist pictures, bordering on caper comedies (Tyrese Gibson gets most … Continue reading
She made a great impression, sort of all at once, this year with “Oblivion” and “Disconnect,” “Welcome to the Punch” next month’s “Shadow Dancer.” Andrea Riseborough, 31, first got most people over here’s attention as Wallis Simpson in Madonna’s “W.E.,” … Continue reading
Back in 2011, Hollywood thought things were pretty when the collection of movies in theaters managed a whopping $276 million over the course of the weekend. But that fell by the boards as “Fast & Furious 6,” “Hangover 3” and … Continue reading
And that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Ron Howard’s Formula One bio-pick about the rivalry between James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth) and Nikki Lauda (Daniel Bruhl) promises speed, death and sex. Because Olivia Wilde’s in it. “Rush” opens in September. Will … Continue reading
Movies!, a new broadcast source for free movies for the cheapskates among us, goes live Memorial Day on the digital subcarriers of assorted Fox affiliates associated stations nationwide. What time? They won’t say. It’s Memorial Day, 8 am, and they’re … Continue reading