Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 1, 2013
THR is reporting today that “Iron Man 3” has already cleared the $240 million mark, meaning it’ll be almost in the black by the time it actually opens in the US Thursday. All that smoke in the skies over Marvel … Continue reading
Over thirty minutes of the historical/musical/spiritual documentary “The Source Family” pass before anybody uses the word “cult.” There’s no need to say it aloud. From the opening credits, a lingering close-up of a black and white photograph of a bearded … Continue reading
Indie “It” girl Greta is in the hands of Noah “Squid and the Whale” Baumbach in this B&W rom-com, which hits theaters later in May, after dazzling in festivals for the better part of a year.
Will Melissa McCarthy be as hot a property next summer as she will be this one? Warner Brothers is betting on it. “Tammy,” a road trip comedy written by MM and co-starring Oscar winner Kathy Bates and Mark Duplass, will … Continue reading