Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Classic Film Review: Sentimental, with an Edge -- "The Olive Trees of Justice" (1962) takes us back to Algeria just before Independence
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 1, 2013
THR is reporting today that “Iron Man 3” has already cleared the $240 million mark, meaning it’ll be almost in the black by the time it actually opens in the US Thursday. All that smoke in the skies over Marvel … Continue reading
Over thirty minutes of the historical/musical/spiritual documentary “The Source Family” pass before anybody uses the word “cult.” There’s no need to say it aloud. From the opening credits, a lingering close-up of a black and white photograph of a bearded … Continue reading
Indie “It” girl Greta is in the hands of Noah “Squid and the Whale” Baumbach in this B&W rom-com, which hits theaters later in May, after dazzling in festivals for the better part of a year.
Will Melissa McCarthy be as hot a property next summer as she will be this one? Warner Brothers is betting on it. “Tammy,” a road trip comedy written by MM and co-starring Oscar winner Kathy Bates and Mark Duplass, will … Continue reading