Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 9, 2013
It’s not the 20th Century any more. So the studios that merged back in the days of silent cinema (20th Century and Fox) are changing their name/logo.
<a “Peeples” is an African American “Meet the Parents” that slips musically-minded funnyman Craig Robinson into the Ben Stiller role. A formula comedy about screwing up your first encounter with your potential in-laws, casting Robinson in it is like replacing … Continue reading
This thriller about a security guy whose records, files, whose very existence has been expunged from the digital and real world in this thriller, opening next week. And since “Expunged” would be an awkward title, they went with “Erased.”
Bill Bryson’s “Walk the Appalachian Trail to Find Yourself” memoir “A Walk in the Woods” is the next directing job Robert Redford has in mind for himself. And since he met his match — in age, experience and temperament — … Continue reading
The last time we talked, he was floating through the glories of “The Social Network,” a full-on awards season phenomenon. Jesse Eisenberg could pick and choose what he wanted to do after that one. Like a few actors — Kevin … Continue reading
The casting of this heist picture is on the nose, as they say. Jesse Eisenberg can do that “smartest guy in the room” thing in his sleep. Morgan Freeman twinkles, and Michael CAine fumes and Mark Ruffalo ponders and Isla … Continue reading
In a remote roadhouse on a rural back road, the young couple (Laura Ramsey, Luke Evans), towing all their worldly possessions in a trailer for their cross-country move, are just settling in for dinner when the thugs arrive. And they’re … Continue reading