Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A teacher goes off the rails after "The Swerve"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 18, 2013
Julianne Moore stars in “The English Teacher,” about a teacher whose life is shaken up when a former student and failed playwright (Michael Angarano) comes back to the small town where she teaches. Lily Collins is also in it. Cute? … Continue reading
There’s a school of writing that holds that even the most ordinary lives, deeply and thoughtfully observed, can be rendered into art. Another theory suggests that some movies so defy convention as to be graded on the curve as far … Continue reading
When you roll your film out on IMAX screens by the hundreds Wednesday night, your box office take is going to look inflated. When you add late Thursday non-IMAX shows to it, all the more. That $13-14 million head start … Continue reading