Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? A South African sex-comedy that reminds us to "Do Your Worst"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: May 18, 2013
Tonight’s screening: “The English Teacher”
Julianne Moore stars in “The English Teacher,” about a teacher whose life is shaken up when a former student and failed playwright (Michael Angarano) comes back to the small town where she teaches. Lily Collins is also in it. Cute? … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Tonight’s screening: “The English Teacher”
Movie Review: “This is Martin Bonner”
There’s a school of writing that holds that even the most ordinary lives, deeply and thoughtfully observed, can be rendered into art. Another theory suggests that some movies so defy convention as to be graded on the curve as far … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “This is Martin Bonner”
Weekend Box Office: “Star Trek” has $27 million Friday, on pace for $100 opening
When you roll your film out on IMAX screens by the hundreds Wednesday night, your box office take is going to look inflated. When you add late Thursday non-IMAX shows to it, all the more. That $13-14 million head start … Continue reading