Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Netflixable? Thai College Kids go "Deep" in search of no sleep
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 3, 2013
For the sixth time, Christopher Nolan has found a place in a film of his for the venerable Mc. Michael Caine. The “Dark Knight” trilogy, “Prestige” and “Inception” director cast Caine in his space travel drama, “Interstellar.” It promises … Continue reading
A bit more punch, a little more about characters, looks better than “Olympus Has Fallen,” but is Channing Tatum finally in possession of more screen presence than Gerard Butler? Nice guy, hunky and all, trusting that he has a better … Continue reading
The democratic nature of the J.J. Abrams version of “Star Trek” means that every character has plenty of nice moments, not just the leads. And Zoe Saldana brings pathos, flintiness and sexual heat to her turn as Lt. Uhura, lover … Continue reading
A teaser to the trailer? Yup. And scenes and footage.
Variety says that Robert DeNiro has agreed to play a cop in Stephen Gaghan’s “Candy Store,” which also stars Omar Sy and Jason Clarke. Covert agent discovers his overseas nemesis has set up shop in his New York back yard. … Continue reading
Cherubic funnyman Dan Fogelman (“Take Me Home Tonight”) will make his writing/directing debut with “Imagine,” which is about an aging rocker (Al Pacino, maybe) who discovers a letter he one got from John Lennon and changes his life accordingly. Annette … Continue reading
That’s what Variety is predicting. It’s on a billion screens. It’s in 3D. Heck, “Oblivion” did $38. “Iron Man” should do a big multiple of that, right? Box Office Mojo prognosticates that those 4200+ screens and 3D (and in … Continue reading
It’s Friday AM, time to give the kids over at sports-talk 740 am The Game a break from chatting about Jason Collins, gay athletes and those who don’t have a lot of tolerance for gay anything. We’ll talk “Iron Man … Continue reading