Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 12, 2013
Here’s a modernish IRA-set spin on “Notorious,” with Clive Owen as the British agent turning and using Andrea Riseborough, an Irish woman racked by guilt and fury over the baby brother killed by a British bullet decades before. Riseborough is … Continue reading
The screenwriter of “Warhorse” has given Elton John’s life a once-over. They’ve brought a director of commercials and music videos on board. And Elton himself is set to produce “Rocketman,” a project which is getting some attention as the wheeling … Continue reading
Another big weekend for the Iron Man, with “Iron Man 3” collecting $75 million or so at the box office, winning the weekend handily thanks to a huge Saturday turnout. But “The Great Gatsby” is a big winner, too, hauling … Continue reading