Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 12, 2013
Here’s a modernish IRA-set spin on “Notorious,” with Clive Owen as the British agent turning and using Andrea Riseborough, an Irish woman racked by guilt and fury over the baby brother killed by a British bullet decades before. Riseborough is … Continue reading
The screenwriter of “Warhorse” has given Elton John’s life a once-over. They’ve brought a director of commercials and music videos on board. And Elton himself is set to produce “Rocketman,” a project which is getting some attention as the wheeling … Continue reading
Another big weekend for the Iron Man, with “Iron Man 3” collecting $75 million or so at the box office, winning the weekend handily thanks to a huge Saturday turnout. But “The Great Gatsby” is a big winner, too, hauling … Continue reading