Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: "All the Devil's Men" keeps Mel's son on camera
- Movie Review: "Stars Fell on Alabama" -- But laughs? Nope.
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 20, 2013
Yes, years in the making, a mighty struggle to find ways to offend gentler sensibilities the way the first two films did, a “complete circle” with our hard partying heroes. Back to Vegas, baby. I still like my idea — … Continue reading
The Orlando native broke out with the film festival hit “Another Earth,” scoring points for her understated, passive performance. She seemed just as passive in “Sound of My Voice,” playing a cult leader who seems convinced herself that she comes … Continue reading
The Bill Curtis narration at the open gets a laugh. Is Steve Carell on the way out if this tanks? A good enough actor, but the comic edge and poor role selection has me yawning when I see his name … Continue reading
“Taken” director Pierre Morel will be behind the camera when Sean Penn becomes a retired CIA killer “whose past comes back to haunt him” in “The Gunman,” which starts filming in June. It’s a Joel Silver actioner, Universal has US … Continue reading
S. Craig Zahler’s story “Bone Tomahawk” might best be described as a horror Western. An outlaw leads monsters into a remote town, and when townsfolk are taken hostage, a posse sets out to free them from Hell itself. Kurt Russell, … Continue reading
It’s not part of an established franchise, so like “The Croods,” the buzz is faint and you’re not hearing about kids’ clamoring to see it. But “Epic” came from the same people who made the “Ice Age” movies, and while … Continue reading