Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 20, 2013
Yes, years in the making, a mighty struggle to find ways to offend gentler sensibilities the way the first two films did, a “complete circle” with our hard partying heroes. Back to Vegas, baby. I still like my idea — … Continue reading
The Orlando native broke out with the film festival hit “Another Earth,” scoring points for her understated, passive performance. She seemed just as passive in “Sound of My Voice,” playing a cult leader who seems convinced herself that she comes … Continue reading
The Bill Curtis narration at the open gets a laugh. Is Steve Carell on the way out if this tanks? A good enough actor, but the comic edge and poor role selection has me yawning when I see his name … Continue reading
“Taken” director Pierre Morel will be behind the camera when Sean Penn becomes a retired CIA killer “whose past comes back to haunt him” in “The Gunman,” which starts filming in June. It’s a Joel Silver actioner, Universal has US … Continue reading
S. Craig Zahler’s story “Bone Tomahawk” might best be described as a horror Western. An outlaw leads monsters into a remote town, and when townsfolk are taken hostage, a posse sets out to free them from Hell itself. Kurt Russell, … Continue reading
It’s not part of an established franchise, so like “The Croods,” the buzz is faint and you’re not hearing about kids’ clamoring to see it. But “Epic” came from the same people who made the “Ice Age” movies, and while … Continue reading