Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? Jason Momoa all sugar-buzzed and ready for "Slumberland"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 20, 2013
Yes, years in the making, a mighty struggle to find ways to offend gentler sensibilities the way the first two films did, a “complete circle” with our hard partying heroes. Back to Vegas, baby. I still like my idea — … Continue reading
The Orlando native broke out with the film festival hit “Another Earth,” scoring points for her understated, passive performance. She seemed just as passive in “Sound of My Voice,” playing a cult leader who seems convinced herself that she comes … Continue reading
The Bill Curtis narration at the open gets a laugh. Is Steve Carell on the way out if this tanks? A good enough actor, but the comic edge and poor role selection has me yawning when I see his name … Continue reading
“Taken” director Pierre Morel will be behind the camera when Sean Penn becomes a retired CIA killer “whose past comes back to haunt him” in “The Gunman,” which starts filming in June. It’s a Joel Silver actioner, Universal has US … Continue reading
S. Craig Zahler’s story “Bone Tomahawk” might best be described as a horror Western. An outlaw leads monsters into a remote town, and when townsfolk are taken hostage, a posse sets out to free them from Hell itself. Kurt Russell, … Continue reading
It’s not part of an established franchise, so like “The Croods,” the buzz is faint and you’re not hearing about kids’ clamoring to see it. But “Epic” came from the same people who made the “Ice Age” movies, and while … Continue reading