Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 29, 2013
Looks very Harry Potter-like, more than the first “Percy Jackson.” Logan Lerman returns, Stanley Tucci, Missi Pyle, Sean Bean. Adding Nathan Fillion as Hermes is a nice touch. “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters” opens August 7.
The “Smash” star is signing up to do a film b the “Mystic River” author, a tale of women who kill someone they think is a murderer, only to wear the guilt and suffer the life-changing consequences of their depraved … Continue reading
“Man of Steel” isn’t even in theaters, but Henry Cavill’s peeps aren’t waiting for the reviews and box office to impact their man’s quote. They’re going after “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.,” the TV-show based action piece Guy Ritchie is set … Continue reading
After “Before Sunrise,” and beyond “Before Sunset,” Richard Linklater lets us catch up with Julie and Ethan, eighteen years into their relationship, on vacation in a marriage that is still cute and chatty as all get out, but maybe showing … Continue reading
The school year hasn’t gone well — assignments missed, opportunities to ask out that “special girl” botched. And for Joe Toy (Nick Robinson), the summer ahead doesn’t look much better. He shares a house with his had-enough-of-your-nonsense widowed dad (Nick … Continue reading
Here’s a good warm up act for the big budget Tom Hanks film, “Captain Phillips,” about the hijacking and rescue of the crew of the Maersk Alabama. “A Hijacking” promises to be a more straightforward account of a hijacking — … Continue reading