Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 29, 2013
Looks very Harry Potter-like, more than the first “Percy Jackson.” Logan Lerman returns, Stanley Tucci, Missi Pyle, Sean Bean. Adding Nathan Fillion as Hermes is a nice touch. “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters” opens August 7.
The “Smash” star is signing up to do a film b the “Mystic River” author, a tale of women who kill someone they think is a murderer, only to wear the guilt and suffer the life-changing consequences of their depraved … Continue reading
“Man of Steel” isn’t even in theaters, but Henry Cavill’s peeps aren’t waiting for the reviews and box office to impact their man’s quote. They’re going after “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.,” the TV-show based action piece Guy Ritchie is set … Continue reading
After “Before Sunrise,” and beyond “Before Sunset,” Richard Linklater lets us catch up with Julie and Ethan, eighteen years into their relationship, on vacation in a marriage that is still cute and chatty as all get out, but maybe showing … Continue reading
The school year hasn’t gone well — assignments missed, opportunities to ask out that “special girl” botched. And for Joe Toy (Nick Robinson), the summer ahead doesn’t look much better. He shares a house with his had-enough-of-your-nonsense widowed dad (Nick … Continue reading
Here’s a good warm up act for the big budget Tom Hanks film, “Captain Phillips,” about the hijacking and rescue of the crew of the Maersk Alabama. “A Hijacking” promises to be a more straightforward account of a hijacking — … Continue reading