Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 22, 2013
I’m still not sold that they have anywhere to take this character. But the distant (WWII) past, derived from a thread the comic books tugged at years ago, is mildly intriguing. This is the most impressive, action-packed and brooding trailer … Continue reading
Nobody adores the great Michael Shannon more than me. But this monologue “message to Earth” trailer lacks that wicked English accent I so loved in Terrence Stamp’s Zod. He’s plenty scary, but the exotic “otherness” of Zod calls for a … Continue reading
Amy Fine Collins’ book “The God of Driving,” about her fear of taking the wheel and the “mysterious” driving instructor who gets her past that and captivates her in other ways, will be a Sue Kramer film, Variety reports. Variety … Continue reading