Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? Jason Momoa all sugar-buzzed and ready for "Slumberland"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 21, 2013
Bad movies are rarely as much fun as these “Fast and the Furious” pictures. And make no mistake about it — they’re bad. They stick to a rigid formula of hot cars, street races where skinny supermodels make up the … Continue reading
Slow, sentimental and somewhat sedated, the third “Hangover” movie isn’t so much exhausted of outrageous “Oh not they DIDN’T” ideas as spent of energy. And they knew it, too. The only raunchy moment is stuffed into the closing credits, … Continue reading
Claire Danes is the cheating mom, James Marsden the self-sacrificing dad and Sarah Bolger is the smart teen daughter that these unhappily marrieds stay together for in “As Cool as I Am.” She’s 16, never been kissed and trying to … Continue reading
“Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” and “In a Better World” producers are hoping to cash in on international Viking Fever by bringing “The Long Ships” to the big screen. It’s based on the Frans Bengtsson best selling adventure novel about … Continue reading
All those years since “Ice Age” and “Robots,” you’d figure Chris Wedge had retired on the “Scrat” bucks he and Blue Sky Animation pulled in from that saber toothed squirrel.“I’d have starved, like Scrat,” he jokes. Like Scrat, there was … Continue reading