Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Netflixable? Thai College Kids go "Deep" in search of no sleep
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 21, 2013
Bad movies are rarely as much fun as these “Fast and the Furious” pictures. And make no mistake about it — they’re bad. They stick to a rigid formula of hot cars, street races where skinny supermodels make up the … Continue reading
Slow, sentimental and somewhat sedated, the third “Hangover” movie isn’t so much exhausted of outrageous “Oh not they DIDN’T” ideas as spent of energy. And they knew it, too. The only raunchy moment is stuffed into the closing credits, … Continue reading
Claire Danes is the cheating mom, James Marsden the self-sacrificing dad and Sarah Bolger is the smart teen daughter that these unhappily marrieds stay together for in “As Cool as I Am.” She’s 16, never been kissed and trying to … Continue reading
“Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” and “In a Better World” producers are hoping to cash in on international Viking Fever by bringing “The Long Ships” to the big screen. It’s based on the Frans Bengtsson best selling adventure novel about … Continue reading
All those years since “Ice Age” and “Robots,” you’d figure Chris Wedge had retired on the “Scrat” bucks he and Blue Sky Animation pulled in from that saber toothed squirrel.“I’d have starved, like Scrat,” he jokes. Like Scrat, there was … Continue reading