Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 11, 2013
I love pop music and folk music history, reading up or watching docs on that whole Greenwich Village scene @1960, when Joan and Bob were there, and Jim McGuinn wisely changed his name to Roger McGuinn. I’d pay good money … Continue reading
Meryl and Julia. And Chris Cooper. Three Oscar winners. And Ewan M. and Abigail Breslin and Juliette Lewis and Sam Shepard and Margo Martindale and was that Benedict Cumberbatch? A family gathered for a funeral in August, in rural Osage … Continue reading
I am doing interviews for a story on “Now You See Me,” the magic caper thriller opening at the end of the month, an ensemble piece starring Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo, Michael Caine…and Isla Fisher. But … Continue reading
Say this much for the new films in the long-running “Star Trek” franchise. They’re real “share the wealth” exercises. It’s not just about Kirk, Spock and Bones and a couple of sacrificial red shirts boldly going while everybody else sits … Continue reading
Something was up. It sold over $3.2 million in tickets late Thursday night. Mostly to women, we’re told. And then Friday happened — $19 million all in. Mostly women. Who don’t go for comic book movies, as a rule. They … Continue reading