Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2013
Julia Stiles, Taye Diggs, Melissa George and David Harbour are the four hands in this “four hander,” a relationship drama built around a dinner party, with flashbacks showing the bad blood between the couples and how it came about. Yes, … Continue reading
The line between “cute” and “cutesy” is violated, repeatedly, in the sometimes funny, often cloying comedy “The English Teacher.” We’re treated to the rare talents of Julianne Moore in a gently predictable “dark” comedy sprinkled with the most adorably heavy … Continue reading
Saturday was not a great day for the “Trek” franchise, as box office estimates from Friday were lowered, and scaled back expectations Saturday — a $62 million or so weekend, $75 $83 million since late Wednesday. Those $100 million predictions … Continue reading
Anna Kendrick heads an….um…not exactly all-star cast in this sacrilegious comedy about “The End.” Craig Robinson as the Anti-Christ? And I love a movie with a good Orlando joke.