Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2013
Julia Stiles, Taye Diggs, Melissa George and David Harbour are the four hands in this “four hander,” a relationship drama built around a dinner party, with flashbacks showing the bad blood between the couples and how it came about. Yes, … Continue reading
The line between “cute” and “cutesy” is violated, repeatedly, in the sometimes funny, often cloying comedy “The English Teacher.” We’re treated to the rare talents of Julianne Moore in a gently predictable “dark” comedy sprinkled with the most adorably heavy … Continue reading
Saturday was not a great day for the “Trek” franchise, as box office estimates from Friday were lowered, and scaled back expectations Saturday — a $62 million or so weekend, $75 $83 million since late Wednesday. Those $100 million predictions … Continue reading
Anna Kendrick heads an….um…not exactly all-star cast in this sacrilegious comedy about “The End.” Craig Robinson as the Anti-Christ? And I love a movie with a good Orlando joke.