Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2013
Julia Stiles, Taye Diggs, Melissa George and David Harbour are the four hands in this “four hander,” a relationship drama built around a dinner party, with flashbacks showing the bad blood between the couples and how it came about. Yes, … Continue reading
The line between “cute” and “cutesy” is violated, repeatedly, in the sometimes funny, often cloying comedy “The English Teacher.” We’re treated to the rare talents of Julianne Moore in a gently predictable “dark” comedy sprinkled with the most adorably heavy … Continue reading
Saturday was not a great day for the “Trek” franchise, as box office estimates from Friday were lowered, and scaled back expectations Saturday — a $62 million or so weekend, $75 $83 million since late Wednesday. Those $100 million predictions … Continue reading
Anna Kendrick heads an….um…not exactly all-star cast in this sacrilegious comedy about “The End.” Craig Robinson as the Anti-Christ? And I love a movie with a good Orlando joke.