Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2013
Julia Stiles, Taye Diggs, Melissa George and David Harbour are the four hands in this “four hander,” a relationship drama built around a dinner party, with flashbacks showing the bad blood between the couples and how it came about. Yes, … Continue reading
The line between “cute” and “cutesy” is violated, repeatedly, in the sometimes funny, often cloying comedy “The English Teacher.” We’re treated to the rare talents of Julianne Moore in a gently predictable “dark” comedy sprinkled with the most adorably heavy … Continue reading
Saturday was not a great day for the “Trek” franchise, as box office estimates from Friday were lowered, and scaled back expectations Saturday — a $62 million or so weekend, $75 $83 million since late Wednesday. Those $100 million predictions … Continue reading
Anna Kendrick heads an….um…not exactly all-star cast in this sacrilegious comedy about “The End.” Craig Robinson as the Anti-Christ? And I love a movie with a good Orlando joke.