Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 19, 2013
Julia Stiles, Taye Diggs, Melissa George and David Harbour are the four hands in this “four hander,” a relationship drama built around a dinner party, with flashbacks showing the bad blood between the couples and how it came about. Yes, … Continue reading
The line between “cute” and “cutesy” is violated, repeatedly, in the sometimes funny, often cloying comedy “The English Teacher.” We’re treated to the rare talents of Julianne Moore in a gently predictable “dark” comedy sprinkled with the most adorably heavy … Continue reading
Saturday was not a great day for the “Trek” franchise, as box office estimates from Friday were lowered, and scaled back expectations Saturday — a $62 million or so weekend, $75 $83 million since late Wednesday. Those $100 million predictions … Continue reading
Anna Kendrick heads an….um…not exactly all-star cast in this sacrilegious comedy about “The End.” Craig Robinson as the Anti-Christ? And I love a movie with a good Orlando joke.