Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Netflixable? Thai College Kids go "Deep" in search of no sleep
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 23, 2013
Notices for “Fast &Furious 6” are some of the better reviews the “Fast & Furious” franchise — a decent score on Metacritic and the RT Tomatometer. The reviews say the same thing, more or less, that I did — dumb … Continue reading
The doc is titled “Springsteen & I,” and looks to be in the vein of “An Affair of the Heart,” only about Bruce Springsteen’s fans instead of Rick Springfield and his fans. It’s due out this summer.
Jason Sudeikis is the lowlife who needs a fake “family” to smuggle pot for Ed Helms out of Mexico. Jennifer Aniston is the stripper he hires to be his wife. Emma Roberts is on payroll as the daughter. This raunchy … Continue reading
That’s the speculation floating around Hollywood. “Jack Reacher” did decent business, and that was the last teaming of Tom Cruise with McQuarrie, still best known for “The Usual Suspects.” All that talk about MI winding down as a series, at … Continue reading
Know what you’re saying…”Another Metallica documentary?” Me too.
One of the better roles Cameron Diaz has had in the comic vein was this film, a raunchy (lightly raunchy) comedy about an uninspired, lazy, barely-qualified teacher on the hunt for a new husband. The NEA must have loved that … Continue reading
Not a bad movie, as I said in my review. But not much fun, either. Nice of J.J. Abrams to drop this nugget on Conan O’Brien. Who remembered the redhead was still on?
Jesse Eisenberg earned an Oscar nomination playing Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. In “Zombieland,” he’s the narrator who has figured out all manner of “rules” for surviving the zombie apocalypse. So when his clever magician, Michael Atlas, cracks to a cop … Continue reading