Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 23, 2013
Notices for “Fast &Furious 6” are some of the better reviews the “Fast & Furious” franchise — a decent score on Metacritic and the RT Tomatometer. The reviews say the same thing, more or less, that I did — dumb … Continue reading
The doc is titled “Springsteen & I,” and looks to be in the vein of “An Affair of the Heart,” only about Bruce Springsteen’s fans instead of Rick Springfield and his fans. It’s due out this summer.
Jason Sudeikis is the lowlife who needs a fake “family” to smuggle pot for Ed Helms out of Mexico. Jennifer Aniston is the stripper he hires to be his wife. Emma Roberts is on payroll as the daughter. This raunchy … Continue reading
That’s the speculation floating around Hollywood. “Jack Reacher” did decent business, and that was the last teaming of Tom Cruise with McQuarrie, still best known for “The Usual Suspects.” All that talk about MI winding down as a series, at … Continue reading
Know what you’re saying…”Another Metallica documentary?” Me too.
One of the better roles Cameron Diaz has had in the comic vein was this film, a raunchy (lightly raunchy) comedy about an uninspired, lazy, barely-qualified teacher on the hunt for a new husband. The NEA must have loved that … Continue reading
Not a bad movie, as I said in my review. But not much fun, either. Nice of J.J. Abrams to drop this nugget on Conan O’Brien. Who remembered the redhead was still on?
Jesse Eisenberg earned an Oscar nomination playing Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. In “Zombieland,” he’s the narrator who has figured out all manner of “rules” for surviving the zombie apocalypse. So when his clever magician, Michael Atlas, cracks to a cop … Continue reading