Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 4, 2013
I like two kinds of horror film. Ghost stories, “Insidious,” or “Mama” being recent examples, with victims reacting in human ways to evidence of the supernatural. Since there is no supernatural, there is only nature and physics and nobody ever … Continue reading
A huge — not as huge as “Avengers” — opening midnight and day for “Iron Man 3” has put the film on track to do $170 million in North America this weekend. Add that to the global receipts — $350+ … Continue reading