Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 4, 2013
I like two kinds of horror film. Ghost stories, “Insidious,” or “Mama” being recent examples, with victims reacting in human ways to evidence of the supernatural. Since there is no supernatural, there is only nature and physics and nobody ever … Continue reading
A huge — not as huge as “Avengers” — opening midnight and day for “Iron Man 3” has put the film on track to do $170 million in North America this weekend. Add that to the global receipts — $350+ … Continue reading