Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 4, 2013
I like two kinds of horror film. Ghost stories, “Insidious,” or “Mama” being recent examples, with victims reacting in human ways to evidence of the supernatural. Since there is no supernatural, there is only nature and physics and nobody ever … Continue reading
A huge — not as huge as “Avengers” — opening midnight and day for “Iron Man 3” has put the film on track to do $170 million in North America this weekend. Add that to the global receipts — $350+ … Continue reading