Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 8, 2013
It seems too soft, too sweet, too coming-of-age. Light on the “McLovin,” if you follow. But “The Kings of Summer” seems to wear its heart on its teenage boy’s sleeve. Pals sneak off into the woods to build a cabin … Continue reading
Henry James was onto something over 100 years ago when he zeroed in on the true victim and best observer of a divorce, a child, in “What Maisie Knew.” Now that novel has been modernized and freely adapted into a … Continue reading
Interesting speculative piece on Deadline.com today about Marvel’s potential problems lining up the stars for an “Avengers” sequel. With Robert Downey Jr. on track to take home $50-60 million or more from “Iron Man 3,” and contractually free from the … Continue reading
Lee “Precious” Daniels rounded up Oscar winners, and Oprah, to bring his version of the life of a White House butler who had a front row seat to the great swing in America’s racial history. Forest Whitaker has the title … Continue reading
Young tourists party their way across Chile, hitting the clubs, hunting for a little “Third World” experience.“Like, COOL Third World,” one explains. “You know. Like Bali.”They chatter on their cell phones, hit on drunken hotties and sprinkle Yiddish into their … Continue reading
Jazzy, fizzy and often quite fun, Baz Luhrmann’s “Pretty Good Gatsby” takes F. Scott Fizgerald’s Great American Novel out for a sometimes dazzling, always irreverent spin. The gauzy picture postcard 3D production design and superb leading players breathe life into … Continue reading