Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: A teacher goes off the rails after "The Swerve"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 24, 2013
“Epic” and “Hangover Part III” are battling for second place — $50 million each is the projection. But “Fast & Furious 6,” which sounded like (from audience reax) a $100-120 million hit when I saw it a week or two … Continue reading
Larry’s an awkward hoodie-wearing teenager, one of those bookish types who narrate their own stories in novels and films. And Juliet is his blond ideal, a vision who could “suck a man dry with those eyes.” Larry is bullied, with … Continue reading
Steven Soderbergh is probably wishing he’d never let slip this whole business of him retiring and all. Maybe he was still mad over Sony firing him from “Moneyball.” Maybe he was having a bad day. And then there was all … Continue reading
Kind of a goomba “Don Juan” take, with the Jersey Shore-ish JG Levitt devoting his life to his Chevelle, his body (working out), his church and his porn. Until movie loving hottie Scarlett Johanssen steps into his life and all … Continue reading
Here’s a link to the story about the study, which implies that women critics are outnumbered and that since women critics are more likely to review films made by or about women (there’s an observation that surprised me. I thought … Continue reading
This AM on 740 AM Mikey Bianchi and I will chat up the long holiday weekend’s movies. I’ve endorsed as “dumb but fun” “Fast & Furious 6,” which has some of the best reviews this overlong franchise has ever earned. … Continue reading
This long Memorial Day weekend could be close to one for the record books, should people go to see any of the many venerable franchises competing for their hard earned cash. “Fast & Furious 6” could do better than “Fast … Continue reading