Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 24, 2013
“Epic” and “Hangover Part III” are battling for second place — $50 million each is the projection. But “Fast & Furious 6,” which sounded like (from audience reax) a $100-120 million hit when I saw it a week or two … Continue reading
Larry’s an awkward hoodie-wearing teenager, one of those bookish types who narrate their own stories in novels and films. And Juliet is his blond ideal, a vision who could “suck a man dry with those eyes.” Larry is bullied, with … Continue reading
Steven Soderbergh is probably wishing he’d never let slip this whole business of him retiring and all. Maybe he was still mad over Sony firing him from “Moneyball.” Maybe he was having a bad day. And then there was all … Continue reading
Kind of a goomba “Don Juan” take, with the Jersey Shore-ish JG Levitt devoting his life to his Chevelle, his body (working out), his church and his porn. Until movie loving hottie Scarlett Johanssen steps into his life and all … Continue reading
Here’s a link to the story about the study, which implies that women critics are outnumbered and that since women critics are more likely to review films made by or about women (there’s an observation that surprised me. I thought … Continue reading
This AM on 740 AM Mikey Bianchi and I will chat up the long holiday weekend’s movies. I’ve endorsed as “dumb but fun” “Fast & Furious 6,” which has some of the best reviews this overlong franchise has ever earned. … Continue reading
This long Memorial Day weekend could be close to one for the record books, should people go to see any of the many venerable franchises competing for their hard earned cash. “Fast & Furious 6” could do better than “Fast … Continue reading