Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Classic Film Review: Angela Bassett as Tina Turner, "What's Love Got to Do With It?" (1993)
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: May 6, 2013
With J.J. Abrams doing ‘Star Wars’, who might direct the next ‘Star Trek’?
Bringing in established actors (some of them, anyway) who already had wide-ranging careers before ever donning Star Fleet uniforms, Simon Pegg figures there will never come a day when he and his ‘Enterprise’ mates will be trapped in their roles, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on With J.J. Abrams doing ‘Star Wars’, who might direct the next ‘Star Trek’?
Tonight’s screening: “The Great Gatsby”
A brief, brilliant novel becomes a big, 2:23 movie in the hands of Baz “Moulin Rouge” Luhrmann. High hopes for this one, and not just for the stellar cast. Baz could use a hit, and this feels very “Rouge.” “Gatsby” … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Tonight’s screening: “The Great Gatsby”