Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Classic Film Review: Sentimental, with an Edge -- "The Olive Trees of Justice" (1962) takes us back to Algeria just before Independence
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 13, 2013
Yes, even the misogynist’s misogyny basher Neil LaBute has to seek out a younger target audience with this Adam Brody dramedy about a guy who sets out to see all his old girlfriend’s to ensure a “No harm, no foul” … Continue reading
We first noticed the Canadian Sarah Polley as an actress in indie films such “The Secret Life of Words” and “My Life Without Me.” Yeah, she was in “Dawn of the Dead” and “Splice,” but indie films have been where … Continue reading
“Big Game” is the title of a new action film that reliable action star Samuel L. Jackson has signed onto. He’ll have the Morgan Freeman role, this time. Yeah, he’s getting up there. He’ll play the president. It’s to be … Continue reading
J.J. Abrams’ second swipe at the “Star Trek” franchise has opened overseas — earned its first reviews — and pocketed its first cash. The money? Nothing like “Iron Man 3,” but still a robust $31 million+. I don’t think it … Continue reading