Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Classic Film Review: Sentimental, with an Edge -- "The Olive Trees of Justice" (1962) takes us back to Algeria just before Independence
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 16, 2013
When you have folks behind “Sex and the City” and “Common Threads: Stories from the (AIDS) Quilt” and “The Life and Times of Harvey Milk,” how do you think beauty queen turned orange juice spokesmodel turned avenging anti-gay harpy Anita … Continue reading
This account of an infamous San Francisco BART shooting is a look into the life of a victim, just a guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. With the wrong color skin.
There’s quite a bit of anticipation. Not as much as “Iron Man 3,” apparently, but a bit. The early overseas box office is impressive. Not as impressive a “Iron Man 3,” but maybe that’s due to the difference in the … Continue reading