Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: May 16, 2013
Uma Thurman IS…Anita Bryant?
When you have folks behind “Sex and the City” and “Common Threads: Stories from the (AIDS) Quilt” and “The Life and Times of Harvey Milk,” how do you think beauty queen turned orange juice spokesmodel turned avenging anti-gay harpy Anita … Continue reading
Movie Preview: “Fruitvale Station,” a Sundance winner
This account of an infamous San Francisco BART shooting is a look into the life of a victim, just a guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. With the wrong color skin.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: “Fruitvale Station,” a Sundance winner
Box Office: Will “Star Trek” be $100 million richer by Monday?
There’s quite a bit of anticipation. Not as much as “Iron Man 3,” apparently, but a bit. The early overseas box office is impressive. Not as impressive a “Iron Man 3,” but maybe that’s due to the difference in the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: Will “Star Trek” be $100 million richer by Monday?