Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 28, 2013
Brit Marling, who played a cult leader claiming to be a prophetess from the future in “Sound of My Voice,” takes a look at the other side of the equation in “The East,” an audacious thriller about a cultish gang … Continue reading
Her dad wanted her to run to the store, but Collette let her little brother do it. That was back in 1973, Northern Ireland. And little Dylan never made it home alive, caught in the crossfire between warring factions in … Continue reading
I interviewed the star and director of the French-Canadian comedy “Starbuck,” which scored with audiences up there a couple of years back, and in film festivals and art film theaters (such as the Enzian) this year. “Delivery Man” is the … Continue reading
He has a hit NBC sitcom, which she’s turned up in, from time to time. And every time she’s had a sitcom, he took guest roles on it. When Megan Mullally did “Saturday Night Live,” naturally Nick Offerman showed up. … Continue reading
This latest “Man of Steel” commercial gives us the other Oscar winning father figure, Jor El (Russell Crowe) lecturing his son on what will happen and what his role on Earth is to be. Is that part of the canon? … Continue reading
Natalie Portman wanted to make it. She had Michael Fassbender lined up to co-star and Lynn Ramsey set to direct. Fassbender bowed out, replaced by Bradley Cooper, who also had to give up due to scheduling problems. Director Lynn Ramsey … Continue reading
Writer-director Todd Haynes will take on a 1950s period piece, “Carol,” by famed “Talented Mr.Ripley” novelist Patricia Highsmith. “Carol” is about two very different women (Cate Blanchett and Mia Wasikowska) in 1950s New York, a just-starting-out-on-her own department store clerk … Continue reading
The casting is on the money, the director did “Downfall” and the screenwriter managed one of Johnny Depp’s rare failures, “The Libertine.” eOne bought the rights to release the finished film “Diana,” about the last days/love affair of the princess … Continue reading