Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Series Preview: Chess, madness and sex appeal -- "The Queen’s Gambit"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 7, 2013
Leonard Nimoy, shaggy and disheveled, singing that damned Bilbo Baggins tune from his awful 1960s music career. And stuck with a golf-unfriendly Mercedes. Which makes him swear. Zachary Quinto zipping along in an Audi, Warp Factor 2. VERY funny spot, … Continue reading
One of the pioneers in stop motion animation and movie special effects has died. OK, you knew exactly who I was talking about just from that description. There is but one such pioneer who has achieved fame to match (almost) … Continue reading
In a world created by the human hand, there’s a hierarchy. The pretty — “All Done”– are polished and privileged, destined to spend their days at a grand ball, gorgeously detailed and attired. The unfinished, “halfies” and “sketches” are forever … Continue reading
Greta Gerwig makes “hapless” a happening thing in “Frances Ha.” Which is no surprise, because she’s spent her brief career mastering variations on a hapless theme. Gerwig (“Lola Versus,” “Greenberg”) and director Noah Baumbach (“Greenberg,” “The Squid and the Whale”) … Continue reading