Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 7, 2013
Leonard Nimoy, shaggy and disheveled, singing that damned Bilbo Baggins tune from his awful 1960s music career. And stuck with a golf-unfriendly Mercedes. Which makes him swear. Zachary Quinto zipping along in an Audi, Warp Factor 2. VERY funny spot, … Continue reading
One of the pioneers in stop motion animation and movie special effects has died. OK, you knew exactly who I was talking about just from that description. There is but one such pioneer who has achieved fame to match (almost) … Continue reading
In a world created by the human hand, there’s a hierarchy. The pretty — “All Done”– are polished and privileged, destined to spend their days at a grand ball, gorgeously detailed and attired. The unfinished, “halfies” and “sketches” are forever … Continue reading
Greta Gerwig makes “hapless” a happening thing in “Frances Ha.” Which is no surprise, because she’s spent her brief career mastering variations on a hapless theme. Gerwig (“Lola Versus,” “Greenberg”) and director Noah Baumbach (“Greenberg,” “The Squid and the Whale”) … Continue reading