Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Bibb wears bibs in search of "The Lost Husband"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 7, 2013
Leonard Nimoy, shaggy and disheveled, singing that damned Bilbo Baggins tune from his awful 1960s music career. And stuck with a golf-unfriendly Mercedes. Which makes him swear. Zachary Quinto zipping along in an Audi, Warp Factor 2. VERY funny spot, … Continue reading
One of the pioneers in stop motion animation and movie special effects has died. OK, you knew exactly who I was talking about just from that description. There is but one such pioneer who has achieved fame to match (almost) … Continue reading
In a world created by the human hand, there’s a hierarchy. The pretty — “All Done”– are polished and privileged, destined to spend their days at a grand ball, gorgeously detailed and attired. The unfinished, “halfies” and “sketches” are forever … Continue reading
Greta Gerwig makes “hapless” a happening thing in “Frances Ha.” Which is no surprise, because she’s spent her brief career mastering variations on a hapless theme. Gerwig (“Lola Versus,” “Greenberg”) and director Noah Baumbach (“Greenberg,” “The Squid and the Whale”) … Continue reading