Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 10, 2013
A dazzling, gripping and possibly moving disaster-in-space picture. We haven’t seen one of those in ages, Look for “Gravity” this Christmas.
This one, based on the seizure and rescue of the crew of the Maersk Alabama, opens Oct. 11.
Here’s what I remember about the one time I interviewed the great Chinese director Zhang Yimou. The director of “Ju Dou,” “Raise the Red Lantern,” “Hero,” “House of Flying Daggers” etc. talked about never calling his leading ladies to the … Continue reading
“Iron Man 3” will win this weekend at the box office. Easily. It did $175 for its opening, so even a HUGE fall off suggests $60-70 million on its second weekend. The Guru figures it’ll manage $75 million. Box Office … Continue reading
I’ll be defending myself for liking Baz Luhrmann’s take on “The Great Gatsby” this am on 740 The Game. The Leo DiCaprio/Tobey Maguire/Carey Mulligan film has earned mostly, but far from overwhelmingly, negative reviews. It isn’t the book, but it … Continue reading