Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 10, 2013
A dazzling, gripping and possibly moving disaster-in-space picture. We haven’t seen one of those in ages, Look for “Gravity” this Christmas.
This one, based on the seizure and rescue of the crew of the Maersk Alabama, opens Oct. 11.
Here’s what I remember about the one time I interviewed the great Chinese director Zhang Yimou. The director of “Ju Dou,” “Raise the Red Lantern,” “Hero,” “House of Flying Daggers” etc. talked about never calling his leading ladies to the … Continue reading
“Iron Man 3” will win this weekend at the box office. Easily. It did $175 for its opening, so even a HUGE fall off suggests $60-70 million on its second weekend. The Guru figures it’ll manage $75 million. Box Office … Continue reading
I’ll be defending myself for liking Baz Luhrmann’s take on “The Great Gatsby” this am on 740 The Game. The Leo DiCaprio/Tobey Maguire/Carey Mulligan film has earned mostly, but far from overwhelmingly, negative reviews. It isn’t the book, but it … Continue reading