Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 10, 2013
A dazzling, gripping and possibly moving disaster-in-space picture. We haven’t seen one of those in ages, Look for “Gravity” this Christmas.
This one, based on the seizure and rescue of the crew of the Maersk Alabama, opens Oct. 11.
Here’s what I remember about the one time I interviewed the great Chinese director Zhang Yimou. The director of “Ju Dou,” “Raise the Red Lantern,” “Hero,” “House of Flying Daggers” etc. talked about never calling his leading ladies to the … Continue reading
“Iron Man 3” will win this weekend at the box office. Easily. It did $175 for its opening, so even a HUGE fall off suggests $60-70 million on its second weekend. The Guru figures it’ll manage $75 million. Box Office … Continue reading
I’ll be defending myself for liking Baz Luhrmann’s take on “The Great Gatsby” this am on 740 The Game. The Leo DiCaprio/Tobey Maguire/Carey Mulligan film has earned mostly, but far from overwhelmingly, negative reviews. It isn’t the book, but it … Continue reading