Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 10, 2013
A dazzling, gripping and possibly moving disaster-in-space picture. We haven’t seen one of those in ages, Look for “Gravity” this Christmas.
This one, based on the seizure and rescue of the crew of the Maersk Alabama, opens Oct. 11.
Here’s what I remember about the one time I interviewed the great Chinese director Zhang Yimou. The director of “Ju Dou,” “Raise the Red Lantern,” “Hero,” “House of Flying Daggers” etc. talked about never calling his leading ladies to the … Continue reading
“Iron Man 3” will win this weekend at the box office. Easily. It did $175 for its opening, so even a HUGE fall off suggests $60-70 million on its second weekend. The Guru figures it’ll manage $75 million. Box Office … Continue reading
I’ll be defending myself for liking Baz Luhrmann’s take on “The Great Gatsby” this am on 740 The Game. The Leo DiCaprio/Tobey Maguire/Carey Mulligan film has earned mostly, but far from overwhelmingly, negative reviews. It isn’t the book, but it … Continue reading