Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 24, 2019
Horror anthologies are nothing new, with “The ABCs of Death” and “VHS” series giving indie filmmakers in the genre a chance to pitch in on a collection of short films, connected by theme. Calling “Portals” a science fiction anthology doesn’t … Continue reading
The best one-stop-shopping for all your box office info just got swallowed by the authoritative website for cast, crew, credits, etc. And Box Office Mojo as part of “IMDB Pro,” looks slicker, I will say that for it. The long-established … Continue reading
“Countdown” is for those horror fans who like their drinks straight, no chaser. Nothing too fancy. Not too much “explaining,” none that has to make any sense, anyway. Nice and cheap (a $6.5 million budget). Cast good-looking unknowns (Elizabeth Lail, Jordan … Continue reading
Artists, the old saying goes, “pound the same nail over and over again.” For the Spanish filmmaker Pedro Almodóvar, that nail often has fingernail polish on it. “Pain & Glory,” his 22nd feature film, finds the 70 year-old legend in … Continue reading
For someone who gripes that a big problem with Hollywood these days is its abandonment of proven, visionary directors, this is sobering. Ang Lee has been given a lot of chances to deliver the goods since “Brokeback Mountain,”none bigger tha … Continue reading