Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- No more Sir Bedivere, Rest in Peace, Terry Jones
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 24, 2019
Horror anthologies are nothing new, with “The ABCs of Death” and “VHS” series giving indie filmmakers in the genre a chance to pitch in on a collection of short films, connected by theme. Calling “Portals” a science fiction anthology doesn’t … Continue reading
The best one-stop-shopping for all your box office info just got swallowed by the authoritative website for cast, crew, credits, etc. And Box Office Mojo as part of “IMDB Pro,” looks slicker, I will say that for it. The long-established … Continue reading
“Countdown” is for those horror fans who like their drinks straight, no chaser. Nothing too fancy. Not too much “explaining,” none that has to make any sense, anyway. Nice and cheap (a $6.5 million budget). Cast good-looking unknowns (Elizabeth Lail, Jordan … Continue reading
Artists, the old saying goes, “pound the same nail over and over again.” For the Spanish filmmaker Pedro Almodóvar, that nail often has fingernail polish on it. “Pain & Glory,” his 22nd feature film, finds the 70 year-old legend in … Continue reading
For someone who gripes that a big problem with Hollywood these days is its abandonment of proven, visionary directors, this is sobering. Ang Lee has been given a lot of chances to deliver the goods since “Brokeback Mountain,”none bigger tha … Continue reading