Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 24, 2019
Horror anthologies are nothing new, with “The ABCs of Death” and “VHS” series giving indie filmmakers in the genre a chance to pitch in on a collection of short films, connected by theme. Calling “Portals” a science fiction anthology doesn’t … Continue reading
The best one-stop-shopping for all your box office info just got swallowed by the authoritative website for cast, crew, credits, etc. And Box Office Mojo as part of “IMDB Pro,” looks slicker, I will say that for it. The long-established … Continue reading
“Countdown” is for those horror fans who like their drinks straight, no chaser. Nothing too fancy. Not too much “explaining,” none that has to make any sense, anyway. Nice and cheap (a $6.5 million budget). Cast good-looking unknowns (Elizabeth Lail, Jordan … Continue reading
Artists, the old saying goes, “pound the same nail over and over again.” For the Spanish filmmaker Pedro Almodóvar, that nail often has fingernail polish on it. “Pain & Glory,” his 22nd feature film, finds the 70 year-old legend in … Continue reading
For someone who gripes that a big problem with Hollywood these days is its abandonment of proven, visionary directors, this is sobering. Ang Lee has been given a lot of chances to deliver the goods since “Brokeback Mountain,”none bigger tha … Continue reading