Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 5, 2019
Netflixable? Scott Adkins is an ex-con out for “Avengement” if he only can shut up long enough to get it.
The sheer savagery of the fights is the selling point of “Avengement,” kickboxer turned actor Scott Adkins’ latest thriller with stuntman turned director Jesse V. Johnson. It’s a step up from their “Debt Collector” punch-em-up, more polished. But if … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Russian treachery and hatred for Ukranians under Stalin, and only “Mr. Jones” is on the story
The only thing new under the sun is the history we’ve forgotten. Only the names of the tyrants and their treasonous stooges change. “Mr. Jones” is a 1930s journalistic thriller from Agnieszka Holland (“Olivier, Olivier,” “Europa Europa”) that stars James … Continue reading
I was checking around town to see if any movie had been smuggled in by a small studio to one of America’s Vacationland’s many mega-multiplexes last night when I noticed something one doesn’t normally see. All these showtimes for one … Continue reading