Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 5, 2019
Netflixable? Scott Adkins is an ex-con out for “Avengement” if he only can shut up long enough to get it.
The sheer savagery of the fights is the selling point of “Avengement,” kickboxer turned actor Scott Adkins’ latest thriller with stuntman turned director Jesse V. Johnson. It’s a step up from their “Debt Collector” punch-em-up, more polished. But if … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Russian treachery and hatred for Ukranians under Stalin, and only “Mr. Jones” is on the story
The only thing new under the sun is the history we’ve forgotten. Only the names of the tyrants and their treasonous stooges change. “Mr. Jones” is a 1930s journalistic thriller from Agnieszka Holland (“Olivier, Olivier,” “Europa Europa”) that stars James … Continue reading
I was checking around town to see if any movie had been smuggled in by a small studio to one of America’s Vacationland’s many mega-multiplexes last night when I noticed something one doesn’t normally see. All these showtimes for one … Continue reading