Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 5, 2019
Netflixable? Scott Adkins is an ex-con out for “Avengement” if he only can shut up long enough to get it.
The sheer savagery of the fights is the selling point of “Avengement,” kickboxer turned actor Scott Adkins’ latest thriller with stuntman turned director Jesse V. Johnson. It’s a step up from their “Debt Collector” punch-em-up, more polished. But if … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Russian treachery and hatred for Ukranians under Stalin, and only “Mr. Jones” is on the story
The only thing new under the sun is the history we’ve forgotten. Only the names of the tyrants and their treasonous stooges change. “Mr. Jones” is a 1930s journalistic thriller from Agnieszka Holland (“Olivier, Olivier,” “Europa Europa”) that stars James … Continue reading
I was checking around town to see if any movie had been smuggled in by a small studio to one of America’s Vacationland’s many mega-multiplexes last night when I noticed something one doesn’t normally see. All these showtimes for one … Continue reading