Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Movie Review: Moss cuts and corrodes all she surveys as "Shirley"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 5, 2019
Netflixable? Scott Adkins is an ex-con out for “Avengement” if he only can shut up long enough to get it.
The sheer savagery of the fights is the selling point of “Avengement,” kickboxer turned actor Scott Adkins’ latest thriller with stuntman turned director Jesse V. Johnson. It’s a step up from their “Debt Collector” punch-em-up, more polished. But if … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Russian treachery and hatred for Ukranians under Stalin, and only “Mr. Jones” is on the story
The only thing new under the sun is the history we’ve forgotten. Only the names of the tyrants and their treasonous stooges change. “Mr. Jones” is a 1930s journalistic thriller from Agnieszka Holland (“Olivier, Olivier,” “Europa Europa”) that stars James … Continue reading
I was checking around town to see if any movie had been smuggled in by a small studio to one of America’s Vacationland’s many mega-multiplexes last night when I noticed something one doesn’t normally see. All these showtimes for one … Continue reading