Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: Moss is haunted, tested by "The Invisible Man"
- Movie Review: "The Jesus Rolls," just not in a bowling alley
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Movie Review: Can a "Rag Doll" thrive in Mixed Martial Arts?
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Movie Review: "The Assistant" sees it all
- Documentary Review: "Junkie Hunters" fight the drug scourge, one addict at a time, and the greedy Rehab Industry in "American Relapse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 5, 2019
Netflixable? Scott Adkins is an ex-con out for “Avengement” if he only can shut up long enough to get it.
The sheer savagery of the fights is the selling point of “Avengement,” kickboxer turned actor Scott Adkins’ latest thriller with stuntman turned director Jesse V. Johnson. It’s a step up from their “Debt Collector” punch-em-up, more polished. But if … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Russian treachery and hatred for Ukranians under Stalin, and only “Mr. Jones” is on the story
The only thing new under the sun is the history we’ve forgotten. Only the names of the tyrants and their treasonous stooges change. “Mr. Jones” is a 1930s journalistic thriller from Agnieszka Holland (“Olivier, Olivier,” “Europa Europa”) that stars James … Continue reading
I was checking around town to see if any movie had been smuggled in by a small studio to one of America’s Vacationland’s many mega-multiplexes last night when I noticed something one doesn’t normally see. All these showtimes for one … Continue reading