Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- No more Sir Bedivere, Rest in Peace, Terry Jones
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 26, 2019
Benny staggers off the plane and makes his way to the parking lot. “Welcome to Iceland,” a friendly cabbie says. Need a lift? Where do you want to go? “Where do people go?” What’s that? “When they fly in…” Hungover … Continue reading
Never underestimate the value of “novelty” when it comes to romantic comedies. A “fish out of water” romance, where somebody from one culture falls for someone from an alien (to him or her) culture, that’s the sort of fresh take … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Joker” is back on top, “Black and Blue” over $8, “Countdown” over $6, “Current War” $3 on an unelectrifying weekend
“Maleficent” was “Mistress of Evil” for just one week. The effects-heavy Disney fantasy sequel plays like a too-violent/too-grim/not-funny downer, not really for small kids. It opened at an underwhelming $36 million and is falling off 57% on its second weekend, … Continue reading