Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Remembering a hot Disco Era record label, "Spinning Gold"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: "A Good Person," a hit-and-miss star vehicle for Pugh and Freeman
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: October 26, 2019
Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic “Spell”
Benny staggers off the plane and makes his way to the parking lot. “Welcome to Iceland,” a friendly cabbie says. Need a lift? Where do you want to go? “Where do people go?” What’s that? “When they fly in…” Hungover … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic “Spell”
Netflixable? “The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch” isn’t ale vos
Never underestimate the value of “novelty” when it comes to romantic comedies. A “fish out of water” romance, where somebody from one culture falls for someone from an alien (to him or her) culture, that’s the sort of fresh take … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Joker” is back on top, “Black and Blue” over $8, “Countdown” over $6, “Current War” $3 on an unelectrifying weekend
“Maleficent” was “Mistress of Evil” for just one week. The effects-heavy Disney fantasy sequel plays like a too-violent/too-grim/not-funny downer, not really for small kids. It opened at an underwhelming $36 million and is falling off 57% on its second weekend, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: “Joker” is back on top, “Black and Blue” over $8, “Countdown” over $6, “Current War” $3 on an unelectrifying weekend