Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 26, 2019
Benny staggers off the plane and makes his way to the parking lot. “Welcome to Iceland,” a friendly cabbie says. Need a lift? Where do you want to go? “Where do people go?” What’s that? “When they fly in…” Hungover … Continue reading
Never underestimate the value of “novelty” when it comes to romantic comedies. A “fish out of water” romance, where somebody from one culture falls for someone from an alien (to him or her) culture, that’s the sort of fresh take … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Joker” is back on top, “Black and Blue” over $8, “Countdown” over $6, “Current War” $3 on an unelectrifying weekend
“Maleficent” was “Mistress of Evil” for just one week. The effects-heavy Disney fantasy sequel plays like a too-violent/too-grim/not-funny downer, not really for small kids. It opened at an underwhelming $36 million and is falling off 57% on its second weekend, … Continue reading