Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 26, 2019
Benny staggers off the plane and makes his way to the parking lot. “Welcome to Iceland,” a friendly cabbie says. Need a lift? Where do you want to go? “Where do people go?” What’s that? “When they fly in…” Hungover … Continue reading
Never underestimate the value of “novelty” when it comes to romantic comedies. A “fish out of water” romance, where somebody from one culture falls for someone from an alien (to him or her) culture, that’s the sort of fresh take … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Joker” is back on top, “Black and Blue” over $8, “Countdown” over $6, “Current War” $3 on an unelectrifying weekend
“Maleficent” was “Mistress of Evil” for just one week. The effects-heavy Disney fantasy sequel plays like a too-violent/too-grim/not-funny downer, not really for small kids. It opened at an underwhelming $36 million and is falling off 57% on its second weekend, … Continue reading