Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 30, 2019
It’s a Warner Brothers release, a studio that probably isn’t sweating the mixed early reviews or modest prospects of Edward Norton’s adaptation of a novel that harks back to film noir. “Joker” cured all WB ills from now until Christmas, … Continue reading
The really bad ones you stare at, slack-jacked, like a grisly road accident that so distracts you it’s a wonder you don’t wind up in the ditch yourself. “Eminence Hill” is like that, a Western so ugly, inept and endless … Continue reading
I interviewed him when one of his “Friday” comedies came out, a grand old man of comedy, even then. John Witherspoon was a comic of the chitlin’ circuit era who found off color laughs in the stoner comedies of the … Continue reading
If the Chinese government isn’t careful, the world will give Liu Ximei the Nobel Peace Prize. And if there’s one thing the Hollywood and NBA-coddling one-party dictatorship hates, it’s having another version of its greed, incompetence, repression and aggression exposed … Continue reading
Totally down with putting the fate of mankind in the hands of womankind in the “Terminator” franchise. Giving your movie some immigration debate relevance, a little election debate currency in a workplace where machines are taking away jobs? Savvy. It’s … Continue reading