Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 30, 2019
It’s a Warner Brothers release, a studio that probably isn’t sweating the mixed early reviews or modest prospects of Edward Norton’s adaptation of a novel that harks back to film noir. “Joker” cured all WB ills from now until Christmas, … Continue reading
The really bad ones you stare at, slack-jacked, like a grisly road accident that so distracts you it’s a wonder you don’t wind up in the ditch yourself. “Eminence Hill” is like that, a Western so ugly, inept and endless … Continue reading
I interviewed him when one of his “Friday” comedies came out, a grand old man of comedy, even then. John Witherspoon was a comic of the chitlin’ circuit era who found off color laughs in the stoner comedies of the … Continue reading
If the Chinese government isn’t careful, the world will give Liu Ximei the Nobel Peace Prize. And if there’s one thing the Hollywood and NBA-coddling one-party dictatorship hates, it’s having another version of its greed, incompetence, repression and aggression exposed … Continue reading
Totally down with putting the fate of mankind in the hands of womankind in the “Terminator” franchise. Giving your movie some immigration debate relevance, a little election debate currency in a workplace where machines are taking away jobs? Savvy. It’s … Continue reading