Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? A tetchy mother takes stock of her life in "The Lost Daughter," one of the year's best films
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Footballers stage a strike before "National Champions" can be crowned
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Netflixable? A critical piece of "erased" history -- "The Chickasaw Rancher"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 30, 2019
It’s a Warner Brothers release, a studio that probably isn’t sweating the mixed early reviews or modest prospects of Edward Norton’s adaptation of a novel that harks back to film noir. “Joker” cured all WB ills from now until Christmas, … Continue reading
The really bad ones you stare at, slack-jacked, like a grisly road accident that so distracts you it’s a wonder you don’t wind up in the ditch yourself. “Eminence Hill” is like that, a Western so ugly, inept and endless … Continue reading
I interviewed him when one of his “Friday” comedies came out, a grand old man of comedy, even then. John Witherspoon was a comic of the chitlin’ circuit era who found off color laughs in the stoner comedies of the … Continue reading
If the Chinese government isn’t careful, the world will give Liu Ximei the Nobel Peace Prize. And if there’s one thing the Hollywood and NBA-coddling one-party dictatorship hates, it’s having another version of its greed, incompetence, repression and aggression exposed … Continue reading
Totally down with putting the fate of mankind in the hands of womankind in the “Terminator” franchise. Giving your movie some immigration debate relevance, a little election debate currency in a workplace where machines are taking away jobs? Savvy. It’s … Continue reading