Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 30, 2019
It’s a Warner Brothers release, a studio that probably isn’t sweating the mixed early reviews or modest prospects of Edward Norton’s adaptation of a novel that harks back to film noir. “Joker” cured all WB ills from now until Christmas, … Continue reading
The really bad ones you stare at, slack-jacked, like a grisly road accident that so distracts you it’s a wonder you don’t wind up in the ditch yourself. “Eminence Hill” is like that, a Western so ugly, inept and endless … Continue reading
I interviewed him when one of his “Friday” comedies came out, a grand old man of comedy, even then. John Witherspoon was a comic of the chitlin’ circuit era who found off color laughs in the stoner comedies of the … Continue reading
If the Chinese government isn’t careful, the world will give Liu Ximei the Nobel Peace Prize. And if there’s one thing the Hollywood and NBA-coddling one-party dictatorship hates, it’s having another version of its greed, incompetence, repression and aggression exposed … Continue reading
Totally down with putting the fate of mankind in the hands of womankind in the “Terminator” franchise. Giving your movie some immigration debate relevance, a little election debate currency in a workplace where machines are taking away jobs? Savvy. It’s … Continue reading