Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 6, 2019
Critics with an uncommon affection for alliteration find movies like “House of the Witch” an embarassment of riches. It’s not that this haunted house tale is good, although it is perfectly watchable, in an empty-headed, empty-calories sort of way. It’s … Continue reading
So a comic book movie that has more to do with “Taxi Driver” and “The King of Comedy” than Caesar Romero/Jack Nicholson/Jared Leto or their ilk swamped the record held by Spider-Man’s negative mirror image, “Venom.” “Joker” earned $93.5 million, … Continue reading
We can look away from Syria. We have that option. But for those trapped there, in the civil war that’s devolved into a murderous campaign of government reprisals, “There is no way out.” Filmmaker Feras Fayyad (“Last Men in Aleppo”) … Continue reading