Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: Moss is haunted, tested by "The Invisible Man"
- Movie Review: "The Jesus Rolls," just not in a bowling alley
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Movie Review: Can a "Rag Doll" thrive in Mixed Martial Arts?
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Movie Review: "The Assistant" sees it all
- Documentary Review: "Junkie Hunters" fight the drug scourge, one addict at a time, and the greedy Rehab Industry in "American Relapse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 6, 2019
Critics with an uncommon affection for alliteration find movies like “House of the Witch” an embarassment of riches. It’s not that this haunted house tale is good, although it is perfectly watchable, in an empty-headed, empty-calories sort of way. It’s … Continue reading
So a comic book movie that has more to do with “Taxi Driver” and “The King of Comedy” than Caesar Romero/Jack Nicholson/Jared Leto or their ilk swamped the record held by Spider-Man’s negative mirror image, “Venom.” “Joker” earned $93.5 million, … Continue reading
We can look away from Syria. We have that option. But for those trapped there, in the civil war that’s devolved into a murderous campaign of government reprisals, “There is no way out.” Filmmaker Feras Fayyad (“Last Men in Aleppo”) … Continue reading