Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Bingeable? Brit Dramedy "Flack" celebrates and eviscerates the dirty business of image control and publicity
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 6, 2019
Critics with an uncommon affection for alliteration find movies like “House of the Witch” an embarassment of riches. It’s not that this haunted house tale is good, although it is perfectly watchable, in an empty-headed, empty-calories sort of way. It’s … Continue reading
So a comic book movie that has more to do with “Taxi Driver” and “The King of Comedy” than Caesar Romero/Jack Nicholson/Jared Leto or their ilk swamped the record held by Spider-Man’s negative mirror image, “Venom.” “Joker” earned $93.5 million, … Continue reading
We can look away from Syria. We have that option. But for those trapped there, in the civil war that’s devolved into a murderous campaign of government reprisals, “There is no way out.” Filmmaker Feras Fayyad (“Last Men in Aleppo”) … Continue reading