Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 6, 2019
Critics with an uncommon affection for alliteration find movies like “House of the Witch” an embarassment of riches. It’s not that this haunted house tale is good, although it is perfectly watchable, in an empty-headed, empty-calories sort of way. It’s … Continue reading
So a comic book movie that has more to do with “Taxi Driver” and “The King of Comedy” than Caesar Romero/Jack Nicholson/Jared Leto or their ilk swamped the record held by Spider-Man’s negative mirror image, “Venom.” “Joker” earned $93.5 million, … Continue reading
We can look away from Syria. We have that option. But for those trapped there, in the civil war that’s devolved into a murderous campaign of government reprisals, “There is no way out.” Filmmaker Feras Fayyad (“Last Men in Aleppo”) … Continue reading