Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 28, 2019
Remember that scene in “World War Z” where the zombies take on ant collectivist behavior and overwhelm the walls of Erezt Israel? There’s such a moment in “Assimilate,” a C-grade thriller about “pod people” who are zombies in all but … Continue reading
Lin Manuel Miranda is producing, making this Rita Moreno doc happen. Long overdue. https://t.co/QP36ag4zac https://t.co/3Cx8exOSJj https://twitter.com/REMEZCLA/status/1188616380519735296?s=17
Mixed reviews came in for the lovely re-edit of this movie, which was marred by Harvey Weinstein in a recut, and then abandoned as his #MeToo troubles exploded. But here’s an Interesting history of the rescue edit that saved “The … Continue reading
It’s not exactly fair, releasing a thriller with the title “Bloody Marie” right around Halloween. But hey, anything to trick the horror crowd into reading subtitles, right? “Bloody Marie” is a Dutch character study, a fraught if not entirely taut … Continue reading