Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 28, 2019
Remember that scene in “World War Z” where the zombies take on ant collectivist behavior and overwhelm the walls of Erezt Israel? There’s such a moment in “Assimilate,” a C-grade thriller about “pod people” who are zombies in all but … Continue reading
Lin Manuel Miranda is producing, making this Rita Moreno doc happen. Long overdue. https://t.co/QP36ag4zac https://t.co/3Cx8exOSJj https://twitter.com/REMEZCLA/status/1188616380519735296?s=17
Mixed reviews came in for the lovely re-edit of this movie, which was marred by Harvey Weinstein in a recut, and then abandoned as his #MeToo troubles exploded. But here’s an Interesting history of the rescue edit that saved “The … Continue reading
It’s not exactly fair, releasing a thriller with the title “Bloody Marie” right around Halloween. But hey, anything to trick the horror crowd into reading subtitles, right? “Bloody Marie” is a Dutch character study, a fraught if not entirely taut … Continue reading