Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 21, 2019
Scorsese said Marvel movies weren’t “cinema,” and he wasn’t wrong. Now Francis Ford Coppola has weighed in with what the tights-wearing “superhero” movies aren’t doing that great movies do. The “Godfather” of “Godfather” movies calls Marvel movies “despicable.” Naah. Doesn’t … Continue reading
“Spivak” is a hapless indie comedy about the last guy in the world you’d figure would “get the girl.” Yes, Michael Cera’s in it. No, he’s not the “last guy” this time around. It’s a “Swingers” that doesn’t swing. The … Continue reading