Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? Even Canada has its gun nut survivalists, prepping for "The Decline"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 21, 2019
Scorsese said Marvel movies weren’t “cinema,” and he wasn’t wrong. Now Francis Ford Coppola has weighed in with what the tights-wearing “superhero” movies aren’t doing that great movies do. The “Godfather” of “Godfather” movies calls Marvel movies “despicable.” Naah. Doesn’t … Continue reading
“Spivak” is a hapless indie comedy about the last guy in the world you’d figure would “get the girl.” Yes, Michael Cera’s in it. No, he’s not the “last guy” this time around. It’s a “Swingers” that doesn’t swing. The … Continue reading