Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 21, 2019
Scorsese said Marvel movies weren’t “cinema,” and he wasn’t wrong. Now Francis Ford Coppola has weighed in with what the tights-wearing “superhero” movies aren’t doing that great movies do. The “Godfather” of “Godfather” movies calls Marvel movies “despicable.” Naah. Doesn’t … Continue reading
“Spivak” is a hapless indie comedy about the last guy in the world you’d figure would “get the girl.” Yes, Michael Cera’s in it. No, he’s not the “last guy” this time around. It’s a “Swingers” that doesn’t swing. The … Continue reading