Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 10, 2019
For a screen romance to work, we have to believe in the couple. Why are they together? Why are they fated to be together? “Operator” is a love story that doesn’t explain that away in a flash. The film makes … Continue reading
The standard rule of thumb is that film is a director’s medium and TV belongs to producers. The theater? It belongs the writer and the actor. “Camera Store” is a film that feels like a play. It’s littered with showy … Continue reading
So, it’s about elvish teens in an elvish suburbia who are gifted with a wizard’s staff which might bring their late father back, but only delivers half of him. A “Weekend at Bernie’s” road trip ensues. I dunno about this.
It’s daft, but not nearly daft enough. The guys who made Seth Rogen’s “Sausage Party” directed the new animated “The Addams Family,” but there’s little of that anarchy here and (thankfully) none of the vulgarity. MGM/UA and Vancouver’s Cinesite animation studio … Continue reading