Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Netflixable? JCVD goes "Oui, oui Wheeeee" as "The Last Mercenary"
- Movie Review: Kids obsess over "Class Rank," and campaign to abolish it in this teen rom-com
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 10, 2019
For a screen romance to work, we have to believe in the couple. Why are they together? Why are they fated to be together? “Operator” is a love story that doesn’t explain that away in a flash. The film makes … Continue reading
The standard rule of thumb is that film is a director’s medium and TV belongs to producers. The theater? It belongs the writer and the actor. “Camera Store” is a film that feels like a play. It’s littered with showy … Continue reading
So, it’s about elvish teens in an elvish suburbia who are gifted with a wizard’s staff which might bring their late father back, but only delivers half of him. A “Weekend at Bernie’s” road trip ensues. I dunno about this.
It’s daft, but not nearly daft enough. The guys who made Seth Rogen’s “Sausage Party” directed the new animated “The Addams Family,” but there’s little of that anarchy here and (thankfully) none of the vulgarity. MGM/UA and Vancouver’s Cinesite animation studio … Continue reading