Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: Even Swedes fret over their neighbors -- "The Evil Next Door"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 10, 2019
For a screen romance to work, we have to believe in the couple. Why are they together? Why are they fated to be together? “Operator” is a love story that doesn’t explain that away in a flash. The film makes … Continue reading
The standard rule of thumb is that film is a director’s medium and TV belongs to producers. The theater? It belongs the writer and the actor. “Camera Store” is a film that feels like a play. It’s littered with showy … Continue reading
So, it’s about elvish teens in an elvish suburbia who are gifted with a wizard’s staff which might bring their late father back, but only delivers half of him. A “Weekend at Bernie’s” road trip ensues. I dunno about this.
It’s daft, but not nearly daft enough. The guys who made Seth Rogen’s “Sausage Party” directed the new animated “The Addams Family,” but there’s little of that anarchy here and (thankfully) none of the vulgarity. MGM/UA and Vancouver’s Cinesite animation studio … Continue reading