Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 17, 2019
The journalist, memoirist and writer-director Nora Ephron kept this phrase as the creative person’s mantra — “Everything is copy.” In an artist’s life, everyone you meet, everything you hear and see, everything you experience is fair game to be … Continue reading
This documentary about the big rivalry game between two largely Latino high school football teams, opens Nov. 8.
“JoJo Rabbit” is “Life is Beautiful,” as directed by Wes Anderson, co-starring Pee-wee Herman as Adolf Hitler. Yeah, that’s it. New Zealand director Taika Waititi’s playful, wildly eccentric film of Christine Leunens’ satiric novel mixes daffy charm with poignant personal … Continue reading
Canadian iconoclast Neil Young is one classic rocker you can be sure will never just “show up and play the hits.” He’s still making new music, still cranking out ballads, rockers and protest songs well past his 70th year. “Mountaintop” … Continue reading