Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 17, 2019
The journalist, memoirist and writer-director Nora Ephron kept this phrase as the creative person’s mantra — “Everything is copy.” In an artist’s life, everyone you meet, everything you hear and see, everything you experience is fair game to be … Continue reading
This documentary about the big rivalry game between two largely Latino high school football teams, opens Nov. 8.
“JoJo Rabbit” is “Life is Beautiful,” as directed by Wes Anderson, co-starring Pee-wee Herman as Adolf Hitler. Yeah, that’s it. New Zealand director Taika Waititi’s playful, wildly eccentric film of Christine Leunens’ satiric novel mixes daffy charm with poignant personal … Continue reading
Canadian iconoclast Neil Young is one classic rocker you can be sure will never just “show up and play the hits.” He’s still making new music, still cranking out ballads, rockers and protest songs well past his 70th year. “Mountaintop” … Continue reading