Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Fathers and Mothers struggle with the issues of "The Son"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 1, 2019
In America and much of the rest of the world, the Battle of Inchon is celebrated as the masterstroke of General Douglas MacArthur’s career, a surprise United Nations amphibious assault behind enemy lines on a beachhead with some of the … Continue reading
British to a “T,” and so twee you’d swear Wes Anderson had a hand in it, “Sometimes Always Never” makes for a perfectly wistful Billy Nighy star vehicle. It’s so soft spoken and so little happens in this story of … Continue reading
Dystopian and topical as hell, “In the Shadow of the Moon” lacks nothing to be a science fiction film that “speaks to our times.” It’s a murder mystery that holds our interest long after the mystery — mysteries — have … Continue reading
Perhaps the biography, the background, the fact that a 19 year old filmmaker directed this, will overwhelm it with hype. That could turn this atmospheric, setting-centric debut feature into this year’s “Beasts of the Southern Wild” or “Florida Project.” That’s … Continue reading
Can this mass murderer be saved? That’s the rhetorical question of “Wallflower,” a dreamy docudrama about a Seattle mass shooting that is equal parts evocative and provocative. The “dreamy” part is the setting. This 2006 shooting happened at a rave … Continue reading