Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 8, 2019
So Will Smith starred in the second film based on Richard Matheson’s “I Am Legend,” the version that actually used that title. The one starring Chuck Heston? “The Omega Man.” Now Will’s got another trip to the sci-fi well, “Gemini … Continue reading
Documentary filmmaker Louis Schwartzeberg, of DisneyNature’s “Wings of Life,” didn’t need to add “The Magic Beneath Us” to the title of his “Fantastic Fungi.” We were already thinking, “Oh, it’s a magic mushroom movie.” He might as well have titled … Continue reading
In “Entangled,” we can size up Marin, played by Ana Girardot, by what we see and hear. Or we can let “what happened to me” make up our minds for us. What happened to her was a miscarriage. “It hurts,” … Continue reading
You may think you know Lupita Nyong’o, Oscar-winning star of “Twelve Years a Slave” and “Us.” But you haven’t seen her at her funniest, fiestiest and sweetest until you’ve plunged into the comic horrors of “Little Monsters.” As kindergarten teacher … Continue reading