Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 23, 2019
Yeah, more youngsters menaced by a “killer app.” Embargo on reviews for this one, so mum’s the word about its quality until Noon Thursday. Real vote of confidence there, STX. A horror movie that works has nothing to fear from … Continue reading
The narcotized normality of suburbia takes a pastel-colored pummelling in “Greener Grass,” a daft and dark comedy from two alumni of the comedy troupe, Upright Citizen’s Brigade. That shared credit, where Dawn Luebbe and Jocelyn DeBoer connected, tells you what … Continue reading
Now it’s Ken Loach, veteran of the British film scene, who burns Marvel Movies a new one. The director of “The Wind that Shakes the Barley,” “Bread and Roses,” “Jimmy’s Hall” and many Celtic-flavored dramas in the UK, has added … Continue reading
“Black and Blue” is a lean, simple, pulse-pounding thriller built around an intensely relatable star, a perfectly alarming villain and a story that has the ring of “ripped from today’s headlines” about it. It’s a genre picture, plain and simple … Continue reading