Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Norway and Jenny Slate shimmer in "The Sunlit Night"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 23, 2019
Yeah, more youngsters menaced by a “killer app.” Embargo on reviews for this one, so mum’s the word about its quality until Noon Thursday. Real vote of confidence there, STX. A horror movie that works has nothing to fear from … Continue reading
The narcotized normality of suburbia takes a pastel-colored pummelling in “Greener Grass,” a daft and dark comedy from two alumni of the comedy troupe, Upright Citizen’s Brigade. That shared credit, where Dawn Luebbe and Jocelyn DeBoer connected, tells you what … Continue reading
Now it’s Ken Loach, veteran of the British film scene, who burns Marvel Movies a new one. The director of “The Wind that Shakes the Barley,” “Bread and Roses,” “Jimmy’s Hall” and many Celtic-flavored dramas in the UK, has added … Continue reading
“Black and Blue” is a lean, simple, pulse-pounding thriller built around an intensely relatable star, a perfectly alarming villain and a story that has the ring of “ripped from today’s headlines” about it. It’s a genre picture, plain and simple … Continue reading