Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 23, 2019
Yeah, more youngsters menaced by a “killer app.” Embargo on reviews for this one, so mum’s the word about its quality until Noon Thursday. Real vote of confidence there, STX. A horror movie that works has nothing to fear from … Continue reading
The narcotized normality of suburbia takes a pastel-colored pummelling in “Greener Grass,” a daft and dark comedy from two alumni of the comedy troupe, Upright Citizen’s Brigade. That shared credit, where Dawn Luebbe and Jocelyn DeBoer connected, tells you what … Continue reading
Now it’s Ken Loach, veteran of the British film scene, who burns Marvel Movies a new one. The director of “The Wind that Shakes the Barley,” “Bread and Roses,” “Jimmy’s Hall” and many Celtic-flavored dramas in the UK, has added … Continue reading
“Black and Blue” is a lean, simple, pulse-pounding thriller built around an intensely relatable star, a perfectly alarming villain and a story that has the ring of “ripped from today’s headlines” about it. It’s a genre picture, plain and simple … Continue reading