Top Posts & Pages
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Netflixable? "The Christmas Chronicles Part 2" is two hours of the holidays your kids will never get back
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 15, 2019
Movie Preview: “Bombshell” blows up the Fox News biz model, Oscar winners vs the All Stars of the War on Women
This has a lot of promise, even though Lionsgate is sort of still a “poverty row” (horror and cheese) distributing studio. They’ve got Oscar winners Charlize Theron (as Megan Kelly), Nicole Kidman (as Gretchen Carlson). They’ve got Margot Robbie and … Continue reading
Is there a house style to Spanish horror films, a common thread that they share? There’ve been so many, covering every genre, it’s a wonder they don’t have their own nomenclature, like “J-Horror” (Japanese), K-Horror” (Korean) and the like. A … Continue reading
The building blocks of a really good heist picture are in place in writer-director Corey Stanton’s “Robbery,” an indie thriller from The Great White North. There’s an old ex-con suffering from dementia, played by respected character actor Art Hindle, whose … Continue reading
“Lucy in the Sky” is a Lifetime Original Movie-style melodrama puffed up into a would-be “Gravity,” a “serious” movie with the weight of an Oscar contender. It’s been over-thought, over-scripted and over-directed into something spacey, ethereal and trippy by the … Continue reading