Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" misses by a Milla
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 15, 2019
Movie Preview: “Bombshell” blows up the Fox News biz model, Oscar winners vs the All Stars of the War on Women
This has a lot of promise, even though Lionsgate is sort of still a “poverty row” (horror and cheese) distributing studio. They’ve got Oscar winners Charlize Theron (as Megan Kelly), Nicole Kidman (as Gretchen Carlson). They’ve got Margot Robbie and … Continue reading
Is there a house style to Spanish horror films, a common thread that they share? There’ve been so many, covering every genre, it’s a wonder they don’t have their own nomenclature, like “J-Horror” (Japanese), K-Horror” (Korean) and the like. A … Continue reading
The building blocks of a really good heist picture are in place in writer-director Corey Stanton’s “Robbery,” an indie thriller from The Great White North. There’s an old ex-con suffering from dementia, played by respected character actor Art Hindle, whose … Continue reading
“Lucy in the Sky” is a Lifetime Original Movie-style melodrama puffed up into a would-be “Gravity,” a “serious” movie with the weight of an Oscar contender. It’s been over-thought, over-scripted and over-directed into something spacey, ethereal and trippy by the … Continue reading