Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 15, 2019
Movie Preview: “Bombshell” blows up the Fox News biz model, Oscar winners vs the All Stars of the War on Women
This has a lot of promise, even though Lionsgate is sort of still a “poverty row” (horror and cheese) distributing studio. They’ve got Oscar winners Charlize Theron (as Megan Kelly), Nicole Kidman (as Gretchen Carlson). They’ve got Margot Robbie and … Continue reading
Is there a house style to Spanish horror films, a common thread that they share? There’ve been so many, covering every genre, it’s a wonder they don’t have their own nomenclature, like “J-Horror” (Japanese), K-Horror” (Korean) and the like. A … Continue reading
The building blocks of a really good heist picture are in place in writer-director Corey Stanton’s “Robbery,” an indie thriller from The Great White North. There’s an old ex-con suffering from dementia, played by respected character actor Art Hindle, whose … Continue reading
“Lucy in the Sky” is a Lifetime Original Movie-style melodrama puffed up into a would-be “Gravity,” a “serious” movie with the weight of an Oscar contender. It’s been over-thought, over-scripted and over-directed into something spacey, ethereal and trippy by the … Continue reading