Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- No more Sir Bedivere, Rest in Peace, Terry Jones
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 19, 2019
This Warner Brothers concert documentary earns a limited release this month. A rocker goes country? Hey, it worked for Kenny Rogers.
It helps if you’ve seen Alex Winter’s eye-opening/crime-explaining documentary, ” The Panama Papers.” And even that isn’t enough, by itself, to dive into the horrors of this scandal. The corruption runs so deep, the conspiracy is so widespread, that settling … Continue reading
“The Current War” is a flawed period piece that was caught up in the meltdown of The Weinstein Co. and the grotesqueries of its founder, Harvey Weinstein, who often did to movies what he allegedly did to many women within … Continue reading
So The Weinstein Co. rounded up an all-star cast for “The Current War,” a piece of history about the DC vs. AC battles of Edison (Benedict Cumberbatch) and the Tesla-Westinghouse (Nicholas Hoult, Michael Shannon) of the late 19th century. Bragging … Continue reading
WEEKEND BOX OFFICE: “Maleficent” underperforms, “Zombieland” overperforms,”Hustlers” crosses $100 million
Disney’s “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” genocidal war movie masquerading as a kids’ fairytale had been predicted to clear $42 million on its opening weekend. That ain’t happening. A $35.5 million first weekend will be enough for it to claim a … Continue reading