Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 19, 2019
This Warner Brothers concert documentary earns a limited release this month. A rocker goes country? Hey, it worked for Kenny Rogers.
It helps if you’ve seen Alex Winter’s eye-opening/crime-explaining documentary, ” The Panama Papers.” And even that isn’t enough, by itself, to dive into the horrors of this scandal. The corruption runs so deep, the conspiracy is so widespread, that settling … Continue reading
“The Current War” is a flawed period piece that was caught up in the meltdown of The Weinstein Co. and the grotesqueries of its founder, Harvey Weinstein, who often did to movies what he allegedly did to many women within … Continue reading
So The Weinstein Co. rounded up an all-star cast for “The Current War,” a piece of history about the DC vs. AC battles of Edison (Benedict Cumberbatch) and the Tesla-Westinghouse (Nicholas Hoult, Michael Shannon) of the late 19th century. Bragging … Continue reading
WEEKEND BOX OFFICE: “Maleficent” underperforms, “Zombieland” overperforms,”Hustlers” crosses $100 million
Disney’s “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” genocidal war movie masquerading as a kids’ fairytale had been predicted to clear $42 million on its opening weekend. That ain’t happening. A $35.5 million first weekend will be enough for it to claim a … Continue reading