Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? Even Canada has its gun nut survivalists, prepping for "The Decline"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 19, 2019
This Warner Brothers concert documentary earns a limited release this month. A rocker goes country? Hey, it worked for Kenny Rogers.
It helps if you’ve seen Alex Winter’s eye-opening/crime-explaining documentary, ” The Panama Papers.” And even that isn’t enough, by itself, to dive into the horrors of this scandal. The corruption runs so deep, the conspiracy is so widespread, that settling … Continue reading
“The Current War” is a flawed period piece that was caught up in the meltdown of The Weinstein Co. and the grotesqueries of its founder, Harvey Weinstein, who often did to movies what he allegedly did to many women within … Continue reading
So The Weinstein Co. rounded up an all-star cast for “The Current War,” a piece of history about the DC vs. AC battles of Edison (Benedict Cumberbatch) and the Tesla-Westinghouse (Nicholas Hoult, Michael Shannon) of the late 19th century. Bragging … Continue reading
WEEKEND BOX OFFICE: “Maleficent” underperforms, “Zombieland” overperforms,”Hustlers” crosses $100 million
Disney’s “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” genocidal war movie masquerading as a kids’ fairytale had been predicted to clear $42 million on its opening weekend. That ain’t happening. A $35.5 million first weekend will be enough for it to claim a … Continue reading