Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Netflixable? JCVD goes "Oui, oui Wheeeee" as "The Last Mercenary"
- Movie Review: Kids obsess over "Class Rank," and campaign to abolish it in this teen rom-com
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 13, 2019
Good to see a fine actor take on meatier roles once he’s made bank wearing a metal flying suit.
So it opens at over $96, and you’ve got to figure, “Well, it’ll lose 55-60% of that on its second weekend, right?” No, “Joker” did not. A $55 million weekend is a mere 42.5% (or so) drop from weekend to … Continue reading
As a non-fiction fan as a reader, a lifelong history buff and somebody who considers period pieces my favorite film genre, I rarely read a show biz history book without my mind wandering to the question, “Is there a movie … Continue reading
Yeah, I went for an Elvis “Kissing cousins” joke there. But this coming out/coming of age Nov. 1 release could be funny, and should be an eye-opening state-of-gay rights/acceptance in Brazil foreign language farce.
𝘗𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦. #SNL pic.twitter.com/Q45eJzQuEm — Saturday Night Live – SNL (@nbcsnl) October 13, 2019
In the documentary “#Female Pleasure,” five women from different cultures discuss the ways “the universal religion, patriarchy” has circumscribed and even traumatized their lives. A Japanese artist is persecuted for her vagina imagery, a Hasidic woman hounded for breaking with … Continue reading
Vivienne Westwood is a founding mother of British punk, an artist turned fashion designer who shaped, more than anybody else, the “look” of punk during the Sex Pistols’ heyday. Her then lover and collaborator was punk impressario Malcolm McClaren, and … Continue reading