Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: When Peter Pan makes a promise, "The Lost Girls" wait for him
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 12, 2019
Like millions of Netflixers, I was watching Robert Forster Friday night in what turns out to be his last “movie” role — as the “El Camino” vacuum cleaner salesman whose side hustle is what Jesse Pinkman is more interested in. … Continue reading
“The African Queen” anyone?
Their audiences don’t necessarily overlap, but anybody seeing “El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie” on Netflix after catching “Downton Abbey” on the big screen should pick up on the similarities. They both exist as fan service, movies that give devotees what … Continue reading
Swapping notes with a reviewer friend from the Midwest this week, we ticked off the credits on “Gemini Man” that should have signaled a much better movie than we saw on the screen. Ang Lee behind the camera, Billy Ray … Continue reading