Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 12, 2019
Like millions of Netflixers, I was watching Robert Forster Friday night in what turns out to be his last “movie” role — as the “El Camino” vacuum cleaner salesman whose side hustle is what Jesse Pinkman is more interested in. … Continue reading
“The African Queen” anyone?
Their audiences don’t necessarily overlap, but anybody seeing “El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie” on Netflix after catching “Downton Abbey” on the big screen should pick up on the similarities. They both exist as fan service, movies that give devotees what … Continue reading
Swapping notes with a reviewer friend from the Midwest this week, we ticked off the credits on “Gemini Man” that should have signaled a much better movie than we saw on the screen. Ang Lee behind the camera, Billy Ray … Continue reading