Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 12, 2019
Like millions of Netflixers, I was watching Robert Forster Friday night in what turns out to be his last “movie” role — as the “El Camino” vacuum cleaner salesman whose side hustle is what Jesse Pinkman is more interested in. … Continue reading
“The African Queen” anyone?
Their audiences don’t necessarily overlap, but anybody seeing “El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie” on Netflix after catching “Downton Abbey” on the big screen should pick up on the similarities. They both exist as fan service, movies that give devotees what … Continue reading
Swapping notes with a reviewer friend from the Midwest this week, we ticked off the credits on “Gemini Man” that should have signaled a much better movie than we saw on the screen. Ang Lee behind the camera, Billy Ray … Continue reading