Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 4, 2019
Let’s just say that two of the guys behind Orlando’s most famous film shot in Maryland are behind the camera in this “black hole” anthology, in theaters and on demand Oct. 25. It’s in the tradition of “V/H/S” and other … Continue reading
Think of the simpler than simple terrors of “The Mist,” “Christine” (demonic car), “Cujo” (demonic dog), “Pet Sematary,” Firestarter.” Stephen King never had to get too fancy or complicated to find his horror hooks, and set those hooks in us. … Continue reading
Her big decade was the ’60s, when she made movies and starred in the groundbreaking African-American TV series “Julia.” I caught up with Diahann Carroll in the ’90s, when she toured with a concert cabaret act. Regal but modest, sure … Continue reading
The master speaks. In this case, to The Guardian, as borrowed by The Wrap. A me. As The Guardian is a notorious online content thief, fair is fair. “Theme park rides” and roller coasters. Not “cinema.” I tend to agree, … Continue reading
It doesn’t take more than five minutes of the Mexican comedy “Solteras” (Ready to Mingle)” to make one wonder “Which millenium is this set in?” It’s about “desperate” single women, mostly in the 30-40 age range, who lose faith in … Continue reading
It’s already blowing up in Korea, Europe. A $155 million worldwide opening is what prognosticators are predicting for Warners’ latest not-quite-canonical DC comics adaptation. And thanks to pre-sales that were through the roof, “Joker” is starting off this first weekend … Continue reading