Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 4, 2019
Let’s just say that two of the guys behind Orlando’s most famous film shot in Maryland are behind the camera in this “black hole” anthology, in theaters and on demand Oct. 25. It’s in the tradition of “V/H/S” and other … Continue reading
Think of the simpler than simple terrors of “The Mist,” “Christine” (demonic car), “Cujo” (demonic dog), “Pet Sematary,” Firestarter.” Stephen King never had to get too fancy or complicated to find his horror hooks, and set those hooks in us. … Continue reading
Her big decade was the ’60s, when she made movies and starred in the groundbreaking African-American TV series “Julia.” I caught up with Diahann Carroll in the ’90s, when she toured with a concert cabaret act. Regal but modest, sure … Continue reading
The master speaks. In this case, to The Guardian, as borrowed by The Wrap. A me. As The Guardian is a notorious online content thief, fair is fair. “Theme park rides” and roller coasters. Not “cinema.” I tend to agree, … Continue reading
It doesn’t take more than five minutes of the Mexican comedy “Solteras” (Ready to Mingle)” to make one wonder “Which millenium is this set in?” It’s about “desperate” single women, mostly in the 30-40 age range, who lose faith in … Continue reading
It’s already blowing up in Korea, Europe. A $155 million worldwide opening is what prognosticators are predicting for Warners’ latest not-quite-canonical DC comics adaptation. And thanks to pre-sales that were through the roof, “Joker” is starting off this first weekend … Continue reading