Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 7, 2019
“Lady-Like” is the kind of cute-coeds-act-coarse comedy that calls for us to revive a word that isn’t used enough these days. “Blowsy.” That’s the best six-letter description of anti-heroine Allie (Stephanie Simbari of “Coldwater”). Park her character somewhere below “trollop,” … Continue reading
Marin Ireland’s been a busy bee in the 15 years since she broke into film — “Hell or High Water” and “Sneaky Pete” are a couple of highlights on her resume. Interesting that Jim Gaffigan’s agent is landing him all … Continue reading
No matter what obsessed fans think, sequels have to stand-alone as films, stories that work in their own right. Relying on everybody seeing your new movie having seen the original film simply isn’t cricket. That goes for every “Mad Max,” … Continue reading
The reason you stay through to the closing credits when reviewing a film is basic movie-reviewing ethics. It’s a rule. Here’s another one. Never let a rom-com’s touching if obvious ending change your mind about the 90 minutes that preceded … Continue reading