Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 16, 2019
Everybody says that Kiwi comic Taika Waititi, of “What We Do in the Shadows” and “Hunt for the Wilderpeople,” has made his masterpiece with this satiric comedy set during the heyday of the Hitler Youth. That’s the writer-director co-starring in … Continue reading
The horror B-movie “The Gallows” opened four years to near universal critical derision and a piddly $22 million or so, all in, at the box office. So why, exactly, is there a sequel? Did it blow up online? Was it … Continue reading
The Wrap reports that this is a record. A lot of shots were taken at elusive (mostly) kiddie audience this year. That Oscar category is usually a three film field of nominees, so 29 movies — probably including “Addams Family,” … Continue reading
When the snowball was first forming on the ever-swelling avalanche that began as “The Trump/Russia Investigation,” the increasingly embattled 45th president was quoted making this plea from inside the White House. “Where’s My Roy Cohn?” He was elected, apparently with … Continue reading
Paramount has picked this up, and the casting alone just tickles me no end. Via The Hollywood Reporter. @johnkrasinski & Ryan Reynolds (aka @VancityReynolds). John Krasinski will write, direct, produce & star, Reynolds to co-star in “Imaginary Friends.” https://t.co/xXlNnJisa2 https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1184246092637954048?s=17
Movie Review: It’s Jolie vs. Pfeiffer, with Elle Fanning as the prize in “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil”
The most violent movie since “Joker?” That would be “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil,” a Disney fantasy allegedly for children, but a sure way to scare tinier tykes into premature therapy. Because even the Joker didn’t lock pixies and fairies in … Continue reading