Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 16, 2019
Everybody says that Kiwi comic Taika Waititi, of “What We Do in the Shadows” and “Hunt for the Wilderpeople,” has made his masterpiece with this satiric comedy set during the heyday of the Hitler Youth. That’s the writer-director co-starring in … Continue reading
The horror B-movie “The Gallows” opened four years to near universal critical derision and a piddly $22 million or so, all in, at the box office. So why, exactly, is there a sequel? Did it blow up online? Was it … Continue reading
The Wrap reports that this is a record. A lot of shots were taken at elusive (mostly) kiddie audience this year. That Oscar category is usually a three film field of nominees, so 29 movies — probably including “Addams Family,” … Continue reading
When the snowball was first forming on the ever-swelling avalanche that began as “The Trump/Russia Investigation,” the increasingly embattled 45th president was quoted making this plea from inside the White House. “Where’s My Roy Cohn?” He was elected, apparently with … Continue reading
Paramount has picked this up, and the casting alone just tickles me no end. Via The Hollywood Reporter. @johnkrasinski & Ryan Reynolds (aka @VancityReynolds). John Krasinski will write, direct, produce & star, Reynolds to co-star in “Imaginary Friends.” https://t.co/xXlNnJisa2 https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1184246092637954048?s=17
Movie Review: It’s Jolie vs. Pfeiffer, with Elle Fanning as the prize in “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil”
The most violent movie since “Joker?” That would be “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil,” a Disney fantasy allegedly for children, but a sure way to scare tinier tykes into premature therapy. Because even the Joker didn’t lock pixies and fairies in … Continue reading