Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 16, 2019
Everybody says that Kiwi comic Taika Waititi, of “What We Do in the Shadows” and “Hunt for the Wilderpeople,” has made his masterpiece with this satiric comedy set during the heyday of the Hitler Youth. That’s the writer-director co-starring in … Continue reading
The horror B-movie “The Gallows” opened four years to near universal critical derision and a piddly $22 million or so, all in, at the box office. So why, exactly, is there a sequel? Did it blow up online? Was it … Continue reading
The Wrap reports that this is a record. A lot of shots were taken at elusive (mostly) kiddie audience this year. That Oscar category is usually a three film field of nominees, so 29 movies — probably including “Addams Family,” … Continue reading
When the snowball was first forming on the ever-swelling avalanche that began as “The Trump/Russia Investigation,” the increasingly embattled 45th president was quoted making this plea from inside the White House. “Where’s My Roy Cohn?” He was elected, apparently with … Continue reading
Paramount has picked this up, and the casting alone just tickles me no end. Via The Hollywood Reporter. @johnkrasinski & Ryan Reynolds (aka @VancityReynolds). John Krasinski will write, direct, produce & star, Reynolds to co-star in “Imaginary Friends.” https://t.co/xXlNnJisa2 https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1184246092637954048?s=17
Movie Review: It’s Jolie vs. Pfeiffer, with Elle Fanning as the prize in “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil”
The most violent movie since “Joker?” That would be “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil,” a Disney fantasy allegedly for children, but a sure way to scare tinier tykes into premature therapy. Because even the Joker didn’t lock pixies and fairies in … Continue reading