Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 16, 2019
This week’s version of “She’s Out of Your League,” a rom-com concept Hollywood — well, male Hollywood — never tires of, stars Charlize Theron as the accomplished, runway-ready object of desire and Seth Rogen as the dumpy beard-o who totally … Continue reading
If “Dumbo” taught us nothing else, it’s that if you’re going to make a movie with children interacting with animals, you need real animals for that to connect with an audience. So if you’re making a movie about a girl … Continue reading
Sure, they don Catholic habits and call themselves nuns, even though they aren’t Catholic or even practicing Christians. But that’s neither here nor there. Other religions have devout sisters who call themselves “nuns” just to keep it simple. And it’s … Continue reading
A boom town is always more attractive on the outside looking in. For many of those there before the gold, oil, timber or Big Ag rush began, the despair and isolation isn’t lessened by the fact that suddenly a lot … Continue reading