Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 30, 2019
Let’s see if the woman they hung the “Star Wars” universe on has the goods for a new take on Hamlet’s sad, misused lover. George MacKay is Hamlet, Prince of Denmark, in this, with Tom Felton as Laertes. “Ophelia” also … Continue reading
Dennis Quaid as the creepy old guy who never quite “moves on” after selling his house to Meegan Good and Michael Ealy. Looks sinister enough. “The Intruder,” directed by Deon Taylor (“Traffik,” “Meet the Blacks”) opens Friday.
Let’s not bury the glories of “The Convent” deep in the review, lost in the credits. Production designers Maria Dagher, Tony Noble and Julian Luxton should take a bow for this beautifully conceived period piece ghost story. And let’s not … Continue reading
Chickens, ducks, maybe our heroine Kathy loves her birds too much and can’t see the problems that have come from filling her life with feathered friends . A lot of us can watch this trailer and think “I’ve seen this … Continue reading
It’s a disservice to refer to the documentary, “Hesburgh,” about the longtime president of the University of Notre Dame and American Catholic hero Theodore Hesburgh as a “hagiography.” But when a filmmaker cannot find anybody to say a bad thing … Continue reading