Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "Boogie" has the game, are his Hoop Dreams in vain?
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Ridley and Holland star in "Chaos Walking"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 2, 2019
It almost boggles the mind that the world’s first nuclear war didn’t happen in the weeks after the terror attacks on Mumbai, India in November of 2008. The moment the coordinated assault on 12 locations in the coastal city, indiscriminate … Continue reading
“Amazing Grace” goes into limited release Friday. Trying to score a last minute screening of it, as it looks and sounds glorious — Aretha at her peak, a post-riots performance at a church in Watts, in front of the congregation … Continue reading
Brie directed this “learn to love your yourself” dramedy, with Samuel L. Jackson and Joan Cusack and Bradley Whitford and, oh, Annaleigh Ashford surrounding her in the cast. Good to see Netflix picked up 2017’s “Unicorn Store,” as its daft … Continue reading
As I type this, I can see the Kennedy Space Center from where my live-aboard sailboat is moored. Jimmy Buffett CDs are what make it a “home.” And the makings of “boat drinks” are never more than an arm’s length … Continue reading
They got the tone right. “Shazam!”, the latest DC comic book superhero to arrive on the big screen, is an appropriately goofy, childish affair. Because they stole borrowed from the right “origin story” in adapting this, the “other” Captain Marvel, … Continue reading