Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Rednecks pick the wrong gay couple to torture at "The Retreat"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 1, 2019
My LAST sailboat was bought from a dealership in Moneta Va., on Smith Mountain Lake in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The dealer showed me a couple of boats, including one he swore was used in the movie … Continue reading
“Nobody ever said abortion was pretty,” the cynical, corporate Planned Parenthood director (Robia Scott) tells her protege, Abby Johnson (Ashley Bratcher) in “Unplanned.” Indeed. “Unplanned” shows you everything from the ultrasounds necessary to properly carry out the medical procedure, to … Continue reading
Out of town much of last week and all weekend, aged parent issues. But I’m back, baby. So let’s see what we momiss. *Unplanned,” “Hotel Mumbai, “Aftermath” and “Beach Bum.” All before, or after “Shazam,” which previews here tonight. Some … Continue reading