Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Gibson's the bomb squad cop, Kevin Dillon's the hacker in the "Hot Seat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: "Ash & Dust," and blood and revenge over a mysterious box
- Classic Film Review: Robert Redford IS "Jeremiah Johnson" (1972)
- Documentary Review -- "Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, a Journey, a Song"
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 17, 2019
Documentary Review: Jodie Foster narrates “Be Natural: The Untold Story of Alice Guy-Blache, the First Female Filmmaker”
Pioneering Franco-American filmmaker Alice Guy was never completely forgotten. Her movies would be mentioned by legendary directors like Hitchcock and Eisenstein in their memoirs. Every so often, over the decades of her life and in the 50 years since her … Continue reading
Maybe it’s bad form to slap a movie you like with the one thing you didn’t like about it, right from the top, but here goes. There’s a third act turn toward the dark in “No Alternative” that feels abrupt, … Continue reading
He’s making movies for a smaller studio, the almost-indie Saban Films. And he’s cutting his hair and playing a real role here, a college prof who discovers he’s dying of cancer and lives his life accordingly. There’s a hint of … Continue reading
A few laughs, signs that this animated sequel is headed in more interesting directions — more realistic pet “problems” spun out of the secret “emotional” life of pets. “The Secret Life of Pets 2” will tickle your kids June 7.
It’s not been a genre that the streaming service has been that impressive in before now. They buy horror titles that earned no real release anywhere else. And their in house fright fare hasn’t dazzled. But two beautiful young cellists/perhaps … Continue reading