Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 19, 2019
“Daddy Issues” is a bubbly, bubble-gummy and seriously sexual West Hollywood tale of two lovely young lesbians in love. Director Amara Cash and screenwriter Alex Bloom treat the characters like candy — some sweet, some sour (and decidedly kinky) — … Continue reading
I saw “The Curse of La Llorona” with a half-full house Thursday night, so I am guessing the answer to that is “Yes.” “The Weeping Woman” should best “Shazam” at the box office, dethroning the WB comic book title. The … Continue reading
Fans of “classic” “Star Trek” probably haven’t forgotten it. But some have, and generations that got hooked on “The Next Generation” and “Voyager” and “Deep Space Nine” etc. quite possibly never knew this. But Nichelle Nichols, the actress who played … Continue reading
The faith-based cinema of today seems to be breaking into two paths in search of that audience. There’s the angry victimhood/revenge Christianity, films that follow in the wake of the “Left Behind” movies — dogmatic and political — “God’s Not … Continue reading
Preview: Diane Keaton, Pam Grier, Rhea Perlman and Jacki Weaver are going out in style, shaking their Pom “Poms”
I missed this trailer when it dropped a while back. But you can catch up on such ads for an older audience, or a faith-based crowd, when you go to a showing of the faith-based “Breakthrough.” A lot of wonderful … Continue reading
They’ve never been anybody’s idea of “trouble.” Until now. Graduation night, these “Booksmart” young ladies are going “Girls Gone Wild” — Olivia Wilde. The screen beauty takes a turn behind the camera for this “Superbad” meets “Ghost World.” “Booksmart” looks … Continue reading
Man, I don’t know what first-time feature director Michael Chaves did to scare the hell out of the kids he cast in “The Curse of La Llorona.” Judging from the utterly convincing looks of unfiltered terror and the blood-curdling screams … Continue reading