Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 4, 2019
The cinema’s great, mad visionary Terry Gilliam has longed to film a tale called “The Man Who Killed Don Quixote” since the 1980s. Talk about maddening. The man has had stars and money lined up (sort of) more than once … Continue reading
A little “Purge,” a hunk of “Lord of the Flies,” that’s “The Society.” This series streams May 10.
You’re going to learn a new word today, because I learned that new word last night at a screening of “The Best of Enemies.” It is “charrette,” a French word applied to crunch-time, deadline-conscious group problem solving. And that’s what … Continue reading