Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 26, 2019
“Sunset” is a static exercise in cinema in motion, a dogmatic defense of consistency in point of view. So even though every frame in László Nemes intimate period piece is a misty postcard to memory, even though there are incidents … Continue reading
She had a choice — “Rehab, or my sister’s farm!” That’s what put Andie in South Dakota, a turbo-prop airport her last connection to what this Angelino coed might have seen as “the civilized world.” She lets Mom know she … Continue reading
Hollywood Reporter (@THR) Tweeted: Director #JohnSingleton in coma following “major stroke” https://t.co/hE3H5v0jjd https://t.co/hP5dFitKGo https://twitter.com/THR/status/1121513297491243008?s=17
Used to love this early “boutique” studio’s films. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/apr/26/an-accidental-studio-review-handmade-films-george-harrison-monty-python
The all-time Thursday night “preview” record is $57 million, pulled in by a recent “Star Wars” sequel. Last night, “Avengers: Endgame” blew that away. A $60 million Thursday night. AMC theaters in certain parts of the country have scheduled round … Continue reading
A bit more of the proper dark comic tone is evident in this second trailer to George Clooney’s Hulu version of “Catch-22.” Now it’s the casting that makes you wonder if it’ll amuse and appall. May 22 we find out