Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 26, 2019
“Sunset” is a static exercise in cinema in motion, a dogmatic defense of consistency in point of view. So even though every frame in László Nemes intimate period piece is a misty postcard to memory, even though there are incidents … Continue reading
She had a choice — “Rehab, or my sister’s farm!” That’s what put Andie in South Dakota, a turbo-prop airport her last connection to what this Angelino coed might have seen as “the civilized world.” She lets Mom know she … Continue reading
Hollywood Reporter (@THR) Tweeted: Director #JohnSingleton in coma following “major stroke” https://t.co/hE3H5v0jjd https://t.co/hP5dFitKGo https://twitter.com/THR/status/1121513297491243008?s=17
Used to love this early “boutique” studio’s films. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/apr/26/an-accidental-studio-review-handmade-films-george-harrison-monty-python
The all-time Thursday night “preview” record is $57 million, pulled in by a recent “Star Wars” sequel. Last night, “Avengers: Endgame” blew that away. A $60 million Thursday night. AMC theaters in certain parts of the country have scheduled round … Continue reading
A bit more of the proper dark comic tone is evident in this second trailer to George Clooney’s Hulu version of “Catch-22.” Now it’s the casting that makes you wonder if it’ll amuse and appall. May 22 we find out