Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Netflixable? The silly sci-fi excesses and faded Bruce Willis cool of "Cosmic Sin"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 29, 2019
Scientists are always so much more magnetic and articulate, have much more of a flare for the dramatic, in the movies. But when they finally confirm there’s life, even intelligent life, elsewhere in the universe, you have to hope their … Continue reading
Otherwise, your movie doesn’t exist. Otherwise, there’s no point in reviewing it. I do not write reviews just for myself, any more than you make your movie just for yourself, no matter how cute you think that might be to … Continue reading
Here’s a hunk of horror as slow as MO-lasses on a cold day in Natchez. Slow of foot, slow to get going, slowly-delivered violence, slow of speech in that Deep South sort of vernacular, that’s “Hallowed Ground,” a nakedly obvious … Continue reading
Satanic rituals and softcore lesbian porn. This version of “Hallowed Ground” is from actor turned director Miles Doleac promises to be a money-making machine when it opens in early June.
John Singleton broke out with “Boyz N The Hood,” for which he was nominated for the best director Oscar. He was the first African American filmmaker so nominated. He built a career out of action films (“Shaft”) and movies about … Continue reading
Any doubt these two have moved on from mainstream cinema — permanently — is answered and underlined with this trailer. Not a laugh in it. Gemma Arterton and Luke Evans also star in “Murder Mystery,” which streams June 14.
Oh my, might STX have made a dirty cop thriller? Not Chadwick Boseman. He’s the detective sent to figure out why eight police officers died in a drug raid, and kill or catch — in that order — the people … Continue reading
Matthew Glave and Emily Bett (different billing on the poster and IMDb, “Emily Bett Rickards”) are the stars of this May 24 release (VOD, limited theatrical), which may explain why Blue Fox has it and it’s going to those platforms … Continue reading
Variety (@Variety) Tweeted: #AvengersEndgame slaughtered records with a $1.2 billion global debut https://t.co/22IjCAri6F https://t.co/0NnGfP0AF0 https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1122818056680394752?s=17
Simon Pegg & Nick Frost’s Stolen pop Picture To Adapt Ben Aaronovitch’s Epic Fantasy Drama ‘Rivers of London’, report via Deadline.com. https://t.co/GglHJqBTpj https://t.co/Th91c8gKgk https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1122817818947244032?s=17